Chapter 25

The rope dropped from your skin, filling you with relief as you pulled both of your arms to the front, fingers grazing over your sore wrists as you attempted to soothe the pain by rubbing them. Your efforts didn't quite change any circumstances, if anything, you only made matters worse for yourself, increasing the painful sting and reddening your skin a few shades darker.

Your eyes barely shot towards the doll as he climbed back into the front passenger seat next to you.

You examined the both of your palms, seeing the sweat that glazed the surface of your skin as a funny feeling began to wash over you. You blinked a few times, confused as to what it was. You couldn't really put a finger on it, but something felt rather off.

You licked your dry lips as your vision began to sway, eyes still on your palms as the sudden dizziness made you see double, both frightening and confusing you at the same time. Your eyes began to sting as tears welled up in them, accompanied by redness, squeezing them shut as you felt the heat of the sun still eating away at your skin. Every inch of your body felt sticky with sweat, the moisture mixed with the subtle coldness of the air conditioning sending uncomfortable chills down your spine.  Your heartbeat pounded in your ears, meanwhile drowning out every other sound that surrounded you, every beat seeming to perfectly align and synchronize with the throbbing in your head as a headache crept itself into the mixture.

You leaned forward as your arms wrapped around your aching stomach, your back arching over as your gut turned, increasing the frustration and confusion felt with all these sudden overwhelming sensations at play.

You brought a hand up to your forehead to ease it's pain, wetting you fingers with the sweat that trickled down from it as you groaned in discomfort.

It didn't take long for Chucky to notice, in fact, he already did as it began. He just chose to not say anything, and even kicked back to watch it go down, but as things continued to progress, that amused expression he held faded as he cocked an eyebrow, and for a moment, he actually looked genuinely concerned with your current state.

He turned up the air conditioning, not taking his eyes off of you as he heard you whimper. It confused him - why you were suddenly acting like this, recalling that just a few moments ago you seemed perfectly fine. The increase of coldness seemed to cool you down, but it didn't help much with anything else.

“The fuck's going on with you!?" He questioned, adding in a slight scoff at the end to which you internally growled at, not being able to physically react or respond to him in any way as you were busy dealing with the immense pain. You knew he probably genuinely wanted to know, but his reputation of finding humour in serious situations such as this one made you assume he found this amusing too, and a small, well actually, a rather large sadistic part of him did.

You sucked the inside of your cheek in attempts to down out your agony. Your eyes widened as your gut turned again, the feeling of nausea only building up more in the pit of your stomach. Your hand slapped onto the handle of your door as you pulled, opening it before ducking your head out.

Pressure swirled in your gut before moving up to your throat, causing you to gag at the feeling of warmth filling up your trachea as it passed through. It wasn't long before vomit pooled out onto the hot tarred road underneath you, relieving you from your discomfort.

“Christ..." You heard the doll mutter under his breath as a small chuckle erupted from his throat. He tried to make it sound as soft as possible so you couldn't hear it, but you did, and needless to say, it pissed you off.

You pulled yourself back in, shutting the door as you did so, wiping your mouth with the back of your hand as you tried to recollect your last steps in attempts to recall what you possibly could've consumed prior to any of this happening.