Chapter 37

Disclaimer:
This chapter has slight allusions to reader being cis!fem/afab. As I said in the begining of the story, reader is female and uses she/her pronouns but please feel free to change them to whatever you feel most comfortable using for yourself. As for the contents of this chapter, Chucky mentions menstruation (very vaguely and not explicitly) so it is *somewhat* implied that reader experiences it. So if you do not, regardless of the reason, please do know that I truly did not intend to single you out. I apologise sincerely if you feel that I did. Please feel free to change up/dismiss the description of reader in the story that you feel does not apply/relate to you as a person (example: reader's appearance, gender, sex, pronouns, etc)

Again, I do apologise for any inconveniences if there were any and I hope that you enjoy the chapter ahead. <3

~

“This little naive thing you've got going on for ya's gettin' a little old, don'tcha think?" The doll pointed out, voice accompanied with the sound of mellow creaking coming from the arched rockers of the old rocking chair he chose to sit on. He scrutinized you, dissected your comportment, not that it was even hard to do so, to read you, seeing as how you reacted to the last slaughter he committed and all those before, along with the horrible accident with Andy, it would've been a surprise if you acted any way but.

“C'mon honestly, ya can't be this surprised that I've killed again, can you? I don't think I've made myself out to be some type of saint for the majority of the time we've spent together..." He watched as you looked away, a scowl threatening to form on his face, seeing you stare down at the two items he had given you, mixed emotions scattered within the depths of your eyes as your expression remained sorrowful.

“who was it this time?" You asked, eyes remaining fixed on the small amount of blood that trickled down from the end of the heart shaped box, leaking into the cushion of the couch.

“eh, some two-timin' asshole... Bought a whole lot'a phoney crap for his wife to throw her off from suspectin' that he'd been fuckin' some shackjob behind her back. " He casually responded, eyes moving away from you, head tilting slightly as he examined his knife, your old shirt clutched within his other hand as he used it to clean off his blade.

“so you decided to kill him once you found out he was cheating?" You asked, your tone laced with confusion, wondering why he would even bring himself to care about the pathetic choices of an unfaithful scumbag, let alone step in to do something about it.

“I was gonna kill him regardless, finding out only gave me one less reason to keep the fucker alive. " He explained, the knife in his hand waving expressively as he talked.

“So... Aren't you gonna.." he signalled towards the box that he had laid set right next to you, not seeing the point in finishing his question as it was obvious what he had meant to ask. It also felt quite embarrassing considering his tone made it sound a little too much like he actually cared, as if he genuinely expected a better reaction out of you, as if giving you the two gifts had a deeper meaning behind it, though he tried to convince himself that there was none. He simply didn't want them to go to waste was all, he was sure of it. For the most part at least.

You swallowed nervously, pressing your lips together as you tried to come up with an excuse not to touch the surface of the box, though your fingers were tempted to graze upon it's design's texture. It was beautiful to the eye, but churning to the stomach, seeing the rich colours of the various shades of red, and then a half glistening splatter of the same color resting upon it that looked both twistedly entrancing, yet disturbingly horrid when you noted that it once used to flow through the veins of a formerly non deceased person.

“I.. I'm not really hungry right now... Maybe later..." You smiled tensely at him, hoping that your decline to eat the chocolates as of right now didn't piss him off as much as he expressed it on his face.