Chapter 13

Hi everyone! Before we begin I just wanted to thank you all for the support you have given me recently on this book and for getting this book to over a thousand reads, its amazing! I'd also like to add that all your comments are much appreciated and I would absolutely love more feedback! With that being said, enjoy!❤

“Can I help you..?" You questioned, causing the clerk to respond with a smile

“Hello, ma'am, are you in need of any assistance in the cleaning of your room?" She asked, sweetly, which only caused you to grow suspicious. She was stalling, improvising with her words in order for you to lock your attention towards her, giving Lorraine enough time to scope the place out from where she was standing. The only problem was, she wasn't going along with it. Her eyes were glued to the floor, almost too afraid to peer into the room, head hanging low as she clasped her two hands together in a fearful stance.

“No, I... I think I'm good, thank you. " You answered, politely, proceeding to close the door as you took a step back.

“How are you enjoying your time here?" Linda asked another question, her tone rising to gain your attention so that you wouldn't close the door, her eyes glued to yours as she nudged the anxious woman beside her, encouraging her to look inside for the supposed ‘living doll'.

“Its good...?"  You answered hesitantly, watching the clerk nod to you. You noticed how she paid little attention to what you said,  more focused on keeping you pre occupied as her associate looked through the room.

Lorraine finally gave in, gazing in, eyes immediately landing on the doll, who's head was poked out from behind the cupboard that pressed against the wall. Chucky pulled out his knife, doing a slicing motion to his neck threateningly, that only caused her throat to tighten, knowing exactly what he mean by that. She backed away, shaking her head in denial before letting out a blood curdling scream, running towards and down the staircase to both yours and Linda's confusion.

Linda proceeded to look into your room, not seeing anything that could've triggered Lorraine to scream and run away as she just did.

She ran after her associate without an explanation to you, leaving you standing there confused as you shut the door.

Chucky snickered from the cupboard he hid behind, successful painting Lorraine to look like she had totally lost it.

“What was that all about?" You asked the doll, turning away from the door and walking to your bed, sitting on it and watching Chucky, who remained standing in front of the cupboard, now lean onto the wooden surface as he crossed his arms.

The doll began devising a plan to get rid of Lorraine before she could out the incident to anyone else.

It wasn't because he was afraid of getting his cover blown, that was out of the question, nobody would've believed her anyway- a middle aged, close to elderly woman, claiming a children's toy threatened to kill her, it was obvious as to why nobody would take her seriously with that statement.

It was because he had gave her a chance, a chance to live, something he had never done before (and will possibly never do again), with only one condition to follow, to not tell anyone what happened. And yet, she did.

What could he say? Chucky was a man- er, doll, of his words.

Tell a single soul what happened and he'd end her life. It was that simple.

He walked over to your sitting form, looking up at you which only caused you to look down at him with confusion.

“Hey, uh, I've gotta handle somethin' real quick. Be a doll and open the door for me, aight?" He asked, pointing towards the door from behind with his thumb.

“What?" You asked, confused as to why he wanted to exit the room.

“it'll just take a few seconds, I'll be back in no time. I'll knock three times to let y'know I wanna come in, k?" He told, already walking towards the door and expecting you to follow him from behind.

You hesitantly got up from the bed and followed him to the door.

“Chucky, I don't know... What if someone sees you?" You asked, increasing your pace to catch up with him worriedly, causing him to sigh softly, turning around to face you as he stopped at the door.

“I've been doin' this for years now, just trust me." He tried to reassure.

“But, what's the reason?" You asked, wanting to know why he wanted to get out of the room so bad and what he was going to do if he did so.

“Alright, I've just about had it with all of your damn questions! Short answer, none of your fucking business! Now quit being nosy and open the fucking door!"  The doll snapped, demanding that you open the door for him.

You didn't bother arguing, knowing damn well it would only get on his nerves even more and would only result at him cussing you out, as he was so used to doing by now.

If he wanted to get himself in trouble then that was his problem.

You opened the door, watching as he walked out. He turned around once again, looking at you from the small crack that you allowed the door to hold.

“I'll be back soon." He told, you assumed, to sound reassuring.

“Yeah, yeah." Was all you responded, shutting the door in his face in annoyance and walking towards the food you had just bought and previously set on the table.

“bitch." The doll cursed lowly from behind the closed door before walking away.

~

“There was no doll! " Linda snapped from behind her desk, her seated form glaring at the crazed older woman in annoyance after trying to convince her that the murderous doll in question, was non-existent.

The cleaning woman continued to argue, bringing up the unexplained cut she received if the doll was truly non existent.

The clerk had already patched it up, wrapping Lorraine's arm up with some bandages from the first aid kit they had lying around.

She dismissed her friend's injury by telling her she was just clumsy and probably didn't notice the cut because she was busy cleaning, although, stealing would be a better word to use.

“I saw it with my own two eyes, Linda! It- "

“If this is one of your schemes to get outta work again, then just leave already, Lorraine! We all wanna get out of this shit hole, but you don't see us reaching so far just to bail out of our only source of income now, do you?!" Linda yelled, recalling a similar instance when Lorraine made up a fictitious story about her non-existent nephew getting hit by a bus to get out of work. Linda then sighed, seeing the shock her colleague held on her face, unable to grasp her patience, questioning whether the cleaning woman was in her right senses.

“Look, 'raine, just, get back to work, alright?"

Linda squeezed the space between her eyes, Lorraine nodding slowly and defeatedly in response before walking away from the desk and into the elevator, to get to her janitor closet that was, unfortunately, on the 2nd floor as well.