Knock, Knock, Knocking on Kellan's Door.

I wake frustrated, and moping. I wanted those keys! Why the Hell couldn't I just stay awake? It's that tea. It has to be that tea. Something is up with it. Tonight, I will refuse that tea. I shiver as I recall how valiantly I fought for remain awake and how unnaturally strong the urge to sleep was.

         Creature rests by the bed and Kellan rests behind me. His limbs have me trapped, much like how a spider clutches it's prey with it's legs. I worry about how my brazen acts will impact today's events. I also worry about the ever ringing cellphone.  I know it is the one theater he switched my things over too after destroying mine in his rage. I want to reach it so badly. Or those keys. I know better than try to get up now. As soon as I move, he will bolt up after me. I take advantage of the moment to think about the keys, and prepare for the day. Today is the day those keys become mine.

         Heavy, wet kisses adorn my throat as Kellan comes alive. He nibbles my ear lobe and rolls me onto my back as he stretches before covering me. He hovers above me now, lidded from sleep and devious eyed. His eyes roam unabashedly down to my hip where the K is carved. His fingers trace the shske and my hairs stand on end.

        "We need to add a few more letters there. I need to add some too." My eyes bulge at the thought of being cut and stabbed again. Or him possibly burning me as he did himself. I often think that he never intends to kill me himself, but rather induce an aneurysm. His head travels down but before he can place his mouth on my chest, I fake a sneeze and sniffle. He glowers at me and I say a silent prayer of thanks for the years of marriage that honed my ability to ruin the mood.

           "Are you getting sick?" He asks. He touches my forehead and studies me. I nod.

            "I'm not feeling well."

            "I have been rather neglectful. I hope it's not infection from your punishments." He seems upset by the thought as he sits upright and stands, pulling me up to sit at the edge of the bed.

            I whine at the motion, the freshly fused skin on my bottom feels like it has torn open. I shudder from my affliction and I lay back down. Kellan disapproves of this and hoists me back up, and that's when I realize I am bleeding. He quickly rips me from the sheets and undoes my chained ankle, shoving me into the bathroom and daring me to leave. He strips the sheets and I listen quietly as I stand there with rivulets of blood tickling the backs of my thighs. I blot it with toilet paper, and seeing no weapons or even chemicals that could be useful, I crack the bathroom door. I want those keys.

         I slink on my tiptoes out of the restroom, silently groaning from the soreness as I move. I can't be bothered to watch for the camera, I need that keyring. It has house keys, cage keys, cuff keys for when he uses them. Right now, I am restraint free. My chances of reaching them are highest now. I keep going until I am mere feet of them. I wet my lips and wipe my palms on my thighs as I close in.

           "Mother fucker!" I nearly swallow my heart and stumble.

            The cellphone rings loudly and Kellan's running feet rush in my direction. I want those keys, I'm so close. I also want that cellphone, but I know he will be here in seconds. I can't help myself as I grab the keyring and swipe the cuff key before placing it back. I run to drop the cuff key under the pillows in the cage and I practically take the door off the hinges in my haste to get back into the bathroom. There was two cuff keys, so I'm hoping that with the full keyring there that he won't pay any mind. I'd love to have the cage or car key, but those are big and obvious. So close. So freaking close! At least I got this though. It might be a lifesaver for me.