Suspicion.

*Dallas's POV*

          I wipe down my black dress shoes and quickly check my reflection before rushing to answer the screeching door bell. Alina's father would be here soon, i asked him to visit with me before her mother's services. I despise the man, but being in good with her family might be the only way to stay in touch with her now. Dealing with Brett is worth it not to be completely shut out from my soon to be ex wife. Ex wife.

         It really is happening. Once those papers are signed, it's done. She'll likely want to sign them today. I spent the last two years reveling in scandal and flings, salivating at the thought of ditching her. Of being free and finding a woman more my family's caliber. A woman of class, confidence and oozing sex appeal. I found several, but I messed up. As much as I enjoyed the women, they just weren't wife material in the way Alina was.

         Alina is candid, casual, deliciously disheveled in that way that looks often like she just rolled out of bed and tossed anything on. Sarcastic and energetic. Being snooty, proper, or even overly dressed was never her thing and outside of my mother, the rest of the family despised her for it. They said she was cheap, and brought me down. I believed it. Now though, when I look back she shined among us stiffs like a diamond in a goat's ass.

         She was never ashamed to gush over me, or do the wifely things that I craved from the others. She cooked, cleaned, asked about my day and followed me around when I came home like a pup. Even when she knew I was unfaithful, she put up a fight for me. She restyled her hair, dressed flashier, and even tried to impress me with new lavish meals and an impressively clean and decorated home. After months of falling asleep at the table next to cold, uneaten meals waiting for me she finally gave up. She withdrew.

        With all the whores and alcohol I could handle at my disposal, I began to push her. She became a lightning rod for all my pent up stress and displeasure. I begun to mistreat her and destroy the house. I would shove her, insult and taunt her. Afterall, it would look better on me if she would ask for divorce and leave me. I could deflect guilt that way and keep my name cleaner. And she did, she had been planning to leave and stashing her things away. I was surprised when it went down though. I had deluded myself into believing she'd always be here at my disposal and that I would be able to fall back on her whenever I needed. I had broken the last straw though that night with Creature. I didn't even know she had been preparing to leave for some time.

        Her absence was my undoing. I wasn't used to having my cake and not being able to eat it too, as I always had. I was left with only Sam and my alcohol for comfort. The house became bleak and dusty, the dishes and clothes piled up. There was no help with the bills. No warm dinner waiting. Sam stopped putting out and quit her job, moving herself in for me to keep her up. She began hiding her cell and shopping later, and later. Alina and I had almost exchanged roles. I began to fall apart and soon Sam left when I cut her off from my wallet.

          Alina moved towns and began courting her strange new neighbor. This cut my ego straight in two. I had comforted myself by telling myself that she wouldn't move on so soon. She'd be hung up on me, nobody else would want her after being rejected by such a big name. I thought. But she rejected me when I came tp her new home,, lonely and desperate to 'fix' us. I thought she was just lashing out in hurt and would come around. So imagine my surprise to see her social media status changed and a photo of her snuggled in bed asleep, in the arms of another man. This man posted constant selfies of them, and they were always exchanging flirty dialogue on their walls where everyone could see.

         She avoided my calls. Her mother's calls. Her 'friends' wouldn't humor me and even try, telling me she was mediocre and a waste of my energy. Something wasn't right though. And it still isn't. Alina was never the type to dodge people without telling them why or where they went wrong. Even though I pushed her too far when I came to her house, I didn't think she would behave like this. She seemed genuinely confused when Trevor had came over and confronted me.