Apples

reader: gender neutral++

++

"Hey y/n!" It was your friend Aether, and his companion paimon, "hey aether! how's your day been?" you smiled at him and chuckled at his reaction when you ruffled his hair.

"it's been pretty eventful... i also have a friend that I'd want you to meet!" you were surprised at his sudden enthusiasm, but it's Aether - he always has things up his sleeve.

He grabbed your arm and start running, it looked like you were heading to the anemo god statue where you could hear soft music which got louder with every step you took.

Once you both made it up the steps, with you out of breath and paimon staggering a few steps behind, you could finally see who was the cause of the music,

He had a lyre in hand, he wore a green cape which you found amusing, but the most interesting thing was his eyes, they were beautiful.

He seemed to have gathered quite the audience, loads of people were mesmerised by his music - who could blame them? He had such talent that you could sit and listen to him play for days.

"Hey, venti!" Aether shouted, which snapped you out of your fangirling over the boy with blue hair. He brought you over to him, going through the crowd of people and finally reaching the front where we saw the boy.

He looked surprised to see us, he stopped playing his lyre and smiled at us two, the crowd suddenly dispersed, the sudden stop of music made them lose interest.

"Aether, what a surprise! What are you doing here? Have you come to hear my beautiful music?" he looked at me and smiled again, "whose this Aether? A lover?" He smirked at both our surprised faces. He's quite the character, isn't he?

"This is y/n one of my best friends here, y/n meet venti the-"

"Drunkard," finished paimon proudly, "he also plays the lyre! I'm sure you heard his music earlier." you nodded and smiled at Venti "Yes, it was amazing."

"Aw, you flatter me, " he scratched the back of his head as his cheeks got red at their compliments.

"Aether, Aether!" it was Amber, she was near the entrance of the cathedral, she looked desperate for something.

"Hey, Amber what is it?" Paimon was suddenly talking for Aether and they both fled away doing whatever adventures do, taking no notice they left their friend with a bard.

Alone.

Together.

"Wait! Aether, Paimon!" you sighed as you watched them enter the cathedral, you turned to the bard, Venti they called him, "it's not funny." you said irritated he smiled a cheekish smile, "I never found it funny."

"I see that sheepish smirk bard, don't try to fool me." he acted hurt at your words and got out his lyre, "I should make a song for you! Hmm,"

"And what have I done for you which earnt me a song, bard?" he did a sort of chuckle which sounded like a 'eheh" and started to hum a song which gained your confusion, "ive never heard that song before, what's it's name?"

"I..." he thought for a moment "I've forgotten..." you cocked your head to the side and smiled "for a bard your pretty amusing."

"Oh!" you remembered something that Aether said to you a while ago about a bard and apples, you fished through your satchel and found what you where looking for.

"Play me a song? The one you just humed, actually." In your hand was an apple, you picked it for a bard Aether was talking about a while ago.

Well the bard that he was talking about happened to he in front of you now.

He took the apple and from your hand and grinned, "ill pay you in apples if you play me a song, bard."

++