Sunset Lover

scara oneshotreader : g/n———

scara oneshot
reader : g/n
———

It was silent. Not the kind that makes your skin crawl and your throat dry — no, this was the silence that was calm and peaceful, the only thing that interrupted this silence was the sound of the person whose hand was intertwined with yours hat made, every step he took it made a soothing sound, you found it comforting.

Your other hand found its way onto the railing of the bridge you were walking on, trailing along the dark wood, damp from the lake below. You felt a small nudge from next to you, turning your attention towards the bluenette beside you, smiling at the flustered look on his face. "Don't go so far to the edge, you might fall in." He said, not once putting his eyes on you.

Letting out a small chuckle you clung to his arm. stroking it slightly. "What's this? Scaramouche caring about me?" You pulled on his arm, forcing him to look at you. "Just.. stay close to me, alright? I don't want to waste any of my time dragging you out from the lake." His face got redder and redder with every word he said, your everlasting gaze made Scaramouche flustered — too flustered for his own good.

"Whatever you say." You said as you started walking again, this time closer to Scaramouche, your arms wrapped around his waist.

"This better?" You locked eyes with him again, cocking your head to the side. Scaramouche was the first to break eye contact, saying something that must've been inazuman before looking at you again and smiling — almost, then he wrapped an arm around your shoulder, bringing you under his hat. "It's perfect, y/n."

You smiled to yourself.

You looked at how the lake beneath you flowed into the sea, how the sun disappeared into it, turning the colour of the sea into a deep purple. Chinju Forest was beautiful at this time of the evening, taking walks with your lover and having long conversations throughout the night is something you always looked forward to.

"It seems we won't make it back to the camp in time." You nodded in agreement, "We can stay for the night at that hill," Scaramouche pointed to a hill with a shrine of depth at the top, "You can see the sunset from there...I'm sure you'd like that." You smiled at him. He looked away again, breaking the hug to climb the hill.

After a couple of moments of Scaramouche helping you climb the hill you both finally reached the top, you grinned at the breeze that hit your face, it was refreshing.

"You stay here while I set up something we can sleep on," You turned around and your lover was no where to be seen. You chuckled softly to yourself.

Deciding to make a fire near the edge of the hill, gazing at the sunset as you made food for the two of you, humming a song to yourself.

Scaramouche soon came back, with what was a tent and two sleeping bags — it's better to not question where he got those. He walked silently towards you, slightly smiling to himself about how cute you looked, bobbing your head while singing quietly, not noticing his presence. The only thing that gave him away was the faint jingle of his hat, the sound alarming you, making you turn around.

"You're back! And you have a...tent?" You raised an eyebrow to Scaramouche.

"Don't worry, no one's hurt." You rolled your eyes and turned around, picking up a Tricolor Dango and feeding it to him, Scaramouche ate it, making a fake sound of pleasure, "Hmm, it's awful."

You scoffed, giving him another piece, "You don't have to lie, I can tell you like it." He took it and rolled his eyes, "Who else is going to eat it?"

Chuckling, you pointed to the tent he brought, "Get to work." He huffed, turning around and opening the tent to set up.

"Not going to help?" You shook your head, turning around facing your back to him, Scaramouche frowned, scoffing.

——

Scaramouche sat behind you, bringing you into a hug, putting his arms around your waist, holding you close. "I've finished...thanks for helping by the way." He kissed your head, putting his chin on it.

Laughing, you held his hands kissing them. "Well done Scara... I'm not tired yet though." He chuckled into your hair. "Really? I thought you would've been exhausted by how you helped me so much."

You chuckled, slightly bending your head so you could see each other, Scaramouche looked back, from your eyes to your lips, "I'll make it up to you then."

You sat on his legs, wrapping them around his waist, you were both underneath his hat, putting your arms around his neck, you brought him further down, smiling you closed your eyes and kissed him, humming into your mouth, Scaramouche held your waist, you were both slowing moving to the ground. He used one hand to make sure you didn't completely hit the ground.

Scaramouche only broke the kiss for you to breathe, smirking at your out of breath face - panting with your cheeks warm, "Did I make it up to you?" You whispered, smiling.

He trailed his hands from your shoulder downwards, whispering sweet words into your ear, kissing your cheek, "Of course it did, love."