The human and The Adeptus

reader ; gn note ; enjoy

reader ; gn
note ; enjoy..
pov ; first/third

What happened to him?

'He was so interesting.' I thought, What was his name again? Recalling his personality was easy, his name always managed to slip my mind, like he wanted me to forget him.

We used to travel together. He was always so silent, in a world of his own.

He would forever go out of his way to protect me.

He knew I was able to take care of myself. I told him that multiple times. Yet every time trouble came our way, he was always the one to finish it off.

He was beautiful.

His eyes were an amber yellow, like how the lanterns shone in lantern rite.

His hair was a deep blue with turquoise underneath. It was messy but didn't quite look neglected, you could say that he had his own style. I found it cute.

I didn't know he was an adeptus as I had only just moved to liyue and was learning all about its culture while travelling with him.

When I found out he was the Vigilant yaksha, it must've been my biggest shock of the year.

"You're an adeptus...?" I muttered, eyeballing the book I was reading. My eyes widened even more when the appearance of the Adeptus which was described in the book was the same as the person who was standing in front of me.

He looked at me and furrowed his eyebrows, signalling he was confused. "You hadn't known?"

I let out a low chuckle at all the memories I made, smiling, I stared at the moon.

I didn't want it to end here, like this. I wanted a happy life, to grow old and laugh about these memories together with people who I held closest to me.

I wanted to see him happy.

I wanted to see him smile.

"Ah, I remember his name now."

____

You sighed, stretching your arms in the chair you were in. "Finally, I can rest my eyes!" Closing the last page of your book, you smiled at your work.

A new achievement, you thought. You were a known writer in liyue, you turn your experiences into fiction and sell them as books that people enjoyed reading and you enjoyed writing.