Day Three

So... You may be wondering how the soup tasted.

You didn't know the ingredients, but you wish you did.

Because it was either highly poisonous to you, or the food was so poorly cooked that it made you physically ill. Luckily for you, you could heal yourself and didn't have to ask the chef to heal you.

When you recovered from the 'food' it was time to do chores. Yup, you heard right, in a fantasy world with magic, and your stuck doing chores.

You were cleaning the grave that belonged to the ghost that you are now tempted to dream nail, since they keep bugging you.

However, you knew that your teammates would think you crazy if they watched you trying to murder air, so you didn't do much to bother the ghostly child as long as they didn't do anything to you.

"Hey, Y/n!" Megumin called out from behind you, trying to get your attention.

You turned to her as soon as you finished cleaning the grave, which took another minute, and tilted your head in a questioning manner.

She twiddled her thumbs a little, "Would you come with me for my Explosion today?" She asked a little quieter than normal.

You nodded in her direction and walked with her toward the gates. You walked down the town's pathway to the gates that lead to the castle pathway.

One thing that caught your attention on your current walk with Megumin was that she was being a bit quieter than usual. Normally when you walked with her, she talked about the party in general, talked about her home, or just pointed to weirdly shaped clouds. But now... She was walking quietly, with purpose.

It felt weird to you that she was acting this way, as she usually was more upbeat, but you decided not to question it to much, as she was probably saving her energy for her magic... Yeah, that's reasonable.

As you walked along, you decided to instigate something, as the silence was getting on your nerves, and pointed towards the clouds.

It was a little while before Megumin said anything, but as soon as she started talking about stuff she normally did, she didn't stop. Like how she normally is, and normally should be.

She started to explain about how the wind pressure of an Explosion spell could be changed by breathing when we finally arrived back at the usual spot, where the castle normally got Exploded, but now it was little more than a crater in the side of a hill.

Megumin had done quite a number on it by herself.

"Y/n, watch... This will be one of the biggest Explosions yet!" Megumin excitedly yelled, before chanting one of her short essays.

"Light in the dark, grant me your power to destroy what is already gone, to end a Kingdom already fallen, and wipe the last soul from the hole already there. EXPLOSION!"

A little shorter than her normal chants, but it held just as much vigor. The bomb itself seemed to think so too, as the explosion was almost thrice the size as usual. It was last like standing next to the sun with how hot it was. The explosion itself was much brighter too, with a larger variety of color.

It was like seeing a Aurora Borealis that was caused by flame. It was a sight to behold.

You had eventually broken out of your thoughts by Megumin crashing to the ground, unmoving.

Her clothes had a little ash on them, as her staff glowed orange from its recent use.

"Y/n, how was it?" She waited patiently for you to write your answer, which was your version of a standing ovation.

"Thank you, now please, carry me back. I'm really tired." Megumin asked quietly, really tired.

Megumin fell asleep as you walked home, dreaming of her beautiful explosion.