Awaken! Destroyer!

Starting the day, you find yourself at your job.

Yup, you were back at the shop helping Wiz sell her useless junk and helping her make better purchases.

"But these potions fully heal the drinker!"

"They also make the consumer explode!"

Many arguments quite like this broke out many times as you had to stop Wiz from buying bad merchandise. You even had to make a presentation on why normal health potions that don't heal as much are better.

"Wiz, if you sell these potions that don't heal as much and cost less alongside the more expensive, better ones, that may convince people to but the lesser ones and bring in more money. Not many people need full heal potions, they need just enough to keep them alive. They can heal the rest naturally."

It was quite heated when you stopped her from buying a strange rock.

"Look at it, it's obviously enchanted with that weird glow." Wiz was full on yelling.

The seller was trying to convince you as well. "When melded with your weapon it makes it nearly unbreakable!"

"No! Even if the sword could survive a nuclear blast it doesn't matter because no one could pick it up without dying!"

You were pretty sure you would have been fired that day if you didn't eventually concede and let Wiz but the stupid rock.

So you were sitting behind the desk as Wiz was in the back taking inventory. When you suddenly heard a loud alarm.

"The Destroyer is approaching. All civilians evacuate immediately. All adventures that wish to defend may come to the guild hall."

"Wiz! I'm headed to the guild hall, are you coming?" Wiz's head peeked around the corner as she replied with a yes.

The two of you started dashing toward the guild hall. Okay, you may have let Wiz ride on your back as you used the Crystal Heart to fly at the guild at top speeds.

Kazuma POV

Where is Y/n? He should be here by now. Unless he ran, but I don't think he would do that. He who would love a fight like this. So why hasn't he got to the guild yet.

*Loud Whistling*

Hmm? What is that noise?

"Aqua, do you hear something?"

The useless goddess was panicking in the guild since.i hadn't given out my glorious plan yet, but it relied heavily on the whole team being here.

Well... Mostly Megumin and Aqua.

But it would still be better to have Y/n here to help deliver the plan, he has a really noble aura about him now, with his hight.

"No, stop thinking about weird noises! We need to run!"

I guess I'll have to do it myself.

"Everybody! I have a plan!"

The whole guild went silent and they seemed to be listening.

"Aqua! You can cast a spell that will destroy the barrier surrounding the Destroyer. Any mage that can cast a spell that can damage the Destroyer will be on the walls and buffed by supports! Megumin! I nee you to get the strongest buffs from Aqua and cast Explosion on the Destroyer."

Luna was tapping her chin as she thought about something, while Megumin scooted to the front. "Kazuma, I don't think my Explosion alone will be enough."

"That's why we'll need to use Mana potions so you can cast it multiple ti- Okay does anyone else hear that?"

*The Loud whistle is now accompanied by screaming.*

All of a sudden, a good portion of the wall was destroyed as Y/n and Wiz blasted through the wall. Scaring quite a few adventures.

"Uhh... I'll pay for that later!" Y/n shouted from the smoke.

Wiz walked out of the debris coughing her lungs out. "I'll be able to assist with whatever plan is being put together!"

Suddenly the guild erupted into cheers.

"The destitute shopkeeper and the crazy girl! Together they can stop it!"

Megumin was yelling from beside me now. "Stop calling me crazy girl or else I'll show you how crazy I can be."

That shut everybody up real quick.

Luna suddenly called out from beside me. "All right! This plan just might work! Emergency Quest: Stop the Destroyer is active! Get to the walls!"

Cheers erupted from the guild as people ran to the walls.

Timeskip + POV Change back to you brought to you by Chibi Y/n laying in bed having an existential crisis.

Everybody was on the walls waiting for the Destroyer to appear. It still had yet to become visible. The flat land surrounding the town was quiet as if the land itself was holding it's breath.

The next few minutes? Hours? Would dictate the fate of Axel. Everybody was stuck in wait. Standing at the wall in anticipation as a miniature earthquake was felt in the distance. You were standing at the front gate with Kazuma and Darkness. Darkness had just revealed that she was apart of the Dustiness Family, which was quite a big name around this part of the country as they were the 'protectors' of this land. Kazuma was teasing Darkness with her real name, chanting Lalatina as she tried to seat him back.

When Kazuma walked back to the top of the wall, you held back for a second. "Darkness... I know that although you standing down here may not do much, but thank you for doing all you can. If we don't make it out of this, well... I hope that we can at least meet again in the next life."

It was hard to tell, but you were pretty sure Darkness had a tear in her eye. "We'll make it out of this, so don't talk like that."

You paused before continuing to walk. "Alright. Then I'll see you later."

You take out the Mantis Claw and start scaling the wall to get up to everybody else. You saw Aqua and Kazuma sitting next to Megumin and decided to crash their party.

"Hey guys. How are you all holding up?"

Kazuma was the one who spoke. "We're doing fine. No one has abandoned ship, all the mages are buffed, and Darkness is going to try and hold it off. The only thing left is for the Destroyer to show up."

"That sounds pretty good." You all remain silent before the quakes magnify in magnitude.

"It's really close now." You look in the distance and finally see the destroyer.

"Holy... That's a spider! And it has 3D animation!?"