Omake: It Happened Once in a Dream

This chapter is now an alternate reality supported solely by the fact that I messed with the previous chapter/s in a way that makes this chapter not work with the fic's canon reality. This chapter won't be removed but is now a 'what if' scenario.

You quickly dashed out the door of the mansion trying to get to the others as fast as possible, occasionally blinking forward by using your teleportation skill. You didn't know if your shade would react violently to everyone's presence or how much time has passed since you... Died.

'Freak out later, make sure everyone is okay now!'

You didn't even bother the gaurds at the gate, you just jumped over and teleported down to the ground and started running as fast as you could towards where your party was.

You could feel the air as you pushed through it, but you needed to go faster, and quickly put on the Sprint-Master and Dash-Master Charms. The burst of speed as your legs started pumping faster was like a breath of fresh air in your lungs.

Spotting tracks that looked like it could belong to your party, you pushed yourself harder to get to your party. You looked at the snow surrounding the area, searching for your party. That's when you saw a flash of red in the distance. You were really close if you could see Megumin's clothes. Thankfully they had a great contrast with the snow, being red.

Your legs were already moving in their direction as you could see something large, void looking, and menacing standing behind Megumin.

Megumin was turning around as the figure raised it's hand in your party's direction. She saw the figure and raised her hand back towards it.

You slowed down considerably at its non-hostile demeanor, before it quickly twisted it's head towards a snow poff.

You saw Aqua, Kazuma, and Darkness hiding behind the snow, and snorted at their hiding place. Though you did start moving a bit faster, since they were definitely hiding for a reason.

When you finally arrived, Everyone's head shot towards you, excluding your Shade's which was still staring at your party.

"I should really stop with all these weird fake-outs, huh?"

Megumin started crying a little, I wonder wh- your not that dense, Aqua and Darkness were staring at you with a blank look, and Kazuma just sighed with a look saying he was done with your shit.

"Yes you really should. It's been what what, under a month and you have been either dead or in a psuedo-coma like three times now?"

"Technically in the second coma I died multiple times."

Kazuma's face met his palm.

"Fine, just do your weird death thing and let's get going. We need to report your kill to the guild."

A gentle sigh leaves your lips, "Fine, but promise to tell me how your alive, not that I'm mad."

Kazuma nodded with a small smile, and you turned toward your shade.

"Alright buddy, c'mon."

The shade floated toward you and you grabbed it's arm. It slowly melted into you and felt your full power return to you.

Everybody was staring at the scene, Kazuma was equally as weirded out as you, "I don't remember it going like that?"

You just shrug, with him of agreement.

As everyone starts to make their way back to Axel, you carrying Megumin even though she can walk, you ask Kazuma what happened.

"Well, you see..."

Kazuma POV

Aqua pulled me up from the ground, after she had convinced Eris to allow my arrival. Aqua and Darkness both pulled me into a hug.

"This is nice and all, but where is Y/n and Megumin?" I asked quite weirded out about the lack of the two.

Aqua and Darkness faces were cast in shadow. "I haven't received Y/n yet. Something is stopping me from doing it."

I scanned the surroundings and saw two things.

Megumin crawling over to Y/B's corpse, and a dark Shadow floating over the corpse.

"I'm guessing the big black shadow demon would be the cause of that."

Aqua nodded, "It's extremely powerful and hostile to me. I've tried telling Y/n that I'm just trying to revive him, but he keeps attacking me and Darkness. He's allowing Megumin to get closer to his corpse though."

I chuckle a little, "I'm not certain that's actually Y/n. That ghost crap happens whenever one of his race dies. The reason it's so strong is because of Y/n's strength when he was alive. It is quite weird how it allows Megumin to get close."

Megumin spoke from over by his body. "Aqua... bring him back."

She was quite upset. It was understandable since she and Y/n had been quite close after he saved her from the Radiance. Can't believe someone from Japan could be such an ass, if what Y/n told me while we had been doing chores was accurate, it offered him quite a few disturbing things.

Still, how could we get the shade to let us approach.

"Megumin! Can you crawl over here? It doesn't seem to be hostile towards you, so maybe if Aqua comes with you, it won't attack."

Darkness stepped next to me, "It's a stretch, are you sure?"

"It's the only way I can think of that would end with Y/n being revived."

Megumin tried drag her way over to Aqua, who walked as close as she could, but the shade picked her up and started carrying her piggy back style around Y/n's body.

Megumin tried flailing, but she was still weakened from Mana Exhaustion, so she didn't do anything.

Eventually she stopped flailing, and sighed, "Could you please let me down?"

The shade then stopped, and sat Megumin down in a sitting position and floated lower to keep her in the sitting position.

Megumin glanced at the shade, before giving a quick, "Thanks," And looking at the ground with a sad smile.

Aqua got an angry expression, and she was about to do something stupid, "Fine then! If you won't let us through, we'll force you to move! You died and came back, so this should work! TURN UNDEAD!"

The spell made contact with Y/n's Shade, which only seemed mildly irritate the thing.

It floated upwards and our life soon became a bullet hell as many things were flung at us from all sides. "Aqua! You idiot goddess!"

Eventually the thing calmed down when we all left it's sightline and we kept thinking of different plans, before a shape appeared in the distance.

Back to Normal

"... And that's about it." Kazuma finished his story.

"That makes a little sense, the Shade is pretty much just a very territorial me, so the fact it doesn't move much doesn't suprise me. It being more offensive when attacked makes sense as well."

Kazuma smirked smuggly, "And what's the reason for it being so nice to Megumin?"

You turned away, speaking out a quick, "No reason, it should have been nice to all of you."

Kazuma laughed as you turned your head.

It was a quiet journey after that.