chapter nine ─ "Ethier buy something with daddy's money or leave."

⋆·☆·⋆

chapter nine ─ "Ethier buy something with daddy's money or leave."

⋆·☆·⋆

⋆·☆·⋆

Today was the day

Today was the day. The day that they were gunna test out the stolen drone.

John B, Kie, and Madeline were the lucky ones with the drone to go underwater. Pope and JJ stayed above the water to watch the monitor. The three inspected the device

Maddy didn't pace herself right enough and ended up being the first to swim up. Passing the camera, knowing that the two boys were watching. Pushing her middle finger against her lips and kissing it before flipping them off. Paddling herself up towards the light, breaking the surface and taking in the largest breath she could. Slicking her hair back, moving to her eyes and swiping the water from her eyes all while trying to keep afloat.

"Hot," JJ muttered, she smirked splashing water his way before turning around. Waiting for either Kie or John B to arrive first, not wanting the worst to happen. She saw a figure break the surface seeing it was Kie.

"Technically, it's not a drone, it's an ROV," Pope informed JJ from their previous conversation.

"Shut up, shut up. It's too early for that right now," JJ cut him off walking over towards the dock watching the two swimming their way towards him.

"I think ROV is better." Maddy remarked reaching the ladder and climbing up it as buckets of water dripped off her. "Shut up," JJ rolled his eyes, throwing a towel around the Jacobs, giving a small shivered smile while holding the towel tightly around her.

"Hey!" John B shouted catching everyone's attention not knowing he had resurfaced. "Look, once we get footage of the wreck, we'll bring it to a lawyer in town and file a formal claim."

"It's bullshit, why do we have to do that?" JJ asked leaning on the railing, the same way Maddy did after seeing Kie wasn't coming up.

"Well, there is maritime salvage law," Pope explained, walking over to the pair leaning on the other side of Maddy. "You can't just go to the ocean and scoop up a bunch of stuff,"