chapter five ─ "Just keep the window cracked and I'll be fine."

⋆·☆·⋆
chapter five ─ "Just keep the window cracked and I'll be fine."

⋆·☆·⋆

⋆·☆·⋆

JJ had spent the night at Maddy's, both not wanting to be alone but also because she felt bad for getting him hurt the day before. It was now morning and the two stood on the porch of John B's house looking at a Summons Notice from DCS.

He pulled it off grinning towards the small girl, "You thinking what I am?"

She nodded fixing the strap on her shoulder, "I was about to ask you the same thing."

"DCS! We know you're in there!" The two yelled banging on the door.

They tan snuck their way over to the living room window seeing John B there. Each grinning at each other before jumping up and hitting the window. Scaring John B making him jump and turning towards the window. "Whoa!"

"Gotcha, slick." JJ said in-between laughs.

"You should have seen your face. You looked like you were about to die..." Maddy added as the two were starting to hyperventilating from laughing.

🌼

"I'm just saying, I don't understand why you don't at least try with Kiara. She clearly likes you. She's like, "Oh, John B." JJ started to impersonate her. The two boys where in the front seat while Maddy sat in the back typing away on her laptop. "Is that what she does?"

"She's sketching about you diving, then she kissed you bro."

"She kissed me on the cheek. It's not like we were makin' out." He corrected glancing between the blonde surfer and the road.

"Low-hanging fruit, bro. Don't pretend you don't notice. I see it in your eyes. You're like, "I kinda like that," and you start blushing and shit." He argued back.

"I blush?'

"Yeah. I see it, Mad's sees it. Right Mad's" JJ said looking back at the small girl typing away not paying attention to them. "Mad's,"

"How can I help you?" She questioned not looking up.

"Why aren't you paying attention to me?"

"Because that bitch of a hurricane took the power out and guess who forgot to save their summer paper?" She informed finally looking up seeing both of their faces sunched knowing the feeling. "Yeah, my file got corrupted and I have to start all over again."

"Well at least agree that Kiara likes John B,"

"Can't do that," She replied shaking her head looking back down at the laptop only to look back up after JJ asked why. "Because that would be breaking every basic rule of girl code, duh!" She remarked going back to paper. The drive to Ms. Lana, who's husband just drowned, house wasn't long. Granted most of her attention was trying to figure out what order her topics where going to go in.