𝑻𝒉𝒆 𝑵𝒊𝒌𝒐𝒍𝒂𝒆𝒗𝒏𝒂 𝑪𝒖𝒓𝒔𝒆

(YouTube video up there)

⌘Prologue⌘

There once was a time not very long ago when we lived in an enchanted world full of elegance and royalty. There were palaces and grand parties in the kingdom of Navarre. My son was the King of this imperial kingdom. We were celebrating the 100th anniversary of our family being head of Navarre and no smile could compete with my sweet Merlinian my youngest grandson.

"Grandma!" Merlinian came running up to me. He was wearing his long white cape with his royal robes and his red sash. I have to say my eight year old grandson was looking very regal.

"My darling Merlinian how wonderful it is to see you." I gave him a big hug.

"Do you have to go back to France?" He asked me looking sad.

"I have to look out for my country Merlin you know this." I pat his shoulder very gently. "But I have something for you." His eyes grow wide with excitement. I pull out a glittering music box with real diamonds and pearls.

"It's beautiful! Is it a jewelry box?" He asked intertwining his tiny fingers.

"Here let me show you." I take a necklace out of my pocket and start winding up the music box. A all familiar melody starts playing from it

"Oh it plays our lullaby!" He jumps up and down with joy.

"You can listen to it every night when you go to sleep so you can remember me." I explain and start singing our song.

On the wind
across the sea
hear the song and remember,
*Merlinian starts singing*
Soon you'll be home with me
Once upon a December

"Child read this." I hand the necklace over to my grandson. He begins to read it out loud.

"Together.. in France! Really!! Oh grandma."

But we would never be together in France because a dark shadow had descended upon the Nikolaevna family. His name was Gregory Salmia. We thought he was a holy man but he was a fraud. He was power mad and dangerous.

"How dare you return to the palace!" My son, the king yelled at the man.

"But I am your confidant!" The man throws his cloak off revealing his old and shriveled body.

"Confidant ha! You are a traitor GET OUT!" The king yells at Gregory.

"You think you can banish me?! The great Gregory Salmia! By the unholy powers vested in me I BANISH YOU WITH A CURSE!" Gasps were heard through out the ballroom. My six grandchildren were trembling and huddling up together. "MARK MY WORDS YOU AND YOUR FAMILY WILL DIE TONIGHT. I WILL NOT REST UNTIL I SEE THE END OF THE NIKOLAEVNA LINE FOREVER!" The evil mans eyes went gold as our grand chandelier fell in the middle of the ball room.

Consumed by his hatred towards my family, Gregory sold his soul for the power to destroy them.

As soon as the ball was done our castle was raided by rebels of the kingdom. Even some of our own guards and knights turned against us. My six grandchildren, the Queen, King and I were all trying to get out as soon as possible.

"My music box!" Merlinian shouted turning around and running back towards his bedroom.

"MERLINIAN!" I screamed but it was no use. I started running after him. We both got the room unharmed. He quickly grabbed the music box and we both made our way to the door. We heard voices of the rebels coming from behind the door, we were trapped.

"Come on out the servants quarters!" A boy suddenly yells. He pushes us towards the now opened wall. Merlinian dropped the music box while he was pushing us through the opened wall.

"My music box!" Merlinian tried to get back to grab it but I grabbed his hand as the servant boy shut the door. All I could hear after that was the doorknob for the secret wall being broken off and a voice saying "where are they boy" as Merlinian and I ran towards the exit.

We finally got out of the palace and were now trying to get to the stables before all the horses were gone. We kept running across the frozen lake that separated the palace and the kingdom.

"Ahh!" Merlinian screamed. I turned around to see Gregory trying to pull Merlinian in the frozen water.

"Gregory!" I gasped grabbing Merlinian by the shoulders and yanking him upwards.

"You'll never escape me child!" He growled gripping on to my grandson's legs.

"No let me go please!" Merlinian screamed tears streaming down his face. Merlinian finally kicked Gregory off causing Gregory to fall in the water.

"Master!" I could hear a small voice say but I didn't have time to find it. I grabbed my grandson's hand and we ran towards the horses.

I got on the last one with a man who was taking all of the servants of our castle somewhere else. Merlinian climbed up with me and we began riding. We barley got far when Merlinian slipped out of my grasp falling of the horse and hitting his head.

"MERLINIAN!" I screamed but he couldnt hear me he was unconscious. I tried to tell the rider to go back but he wouldn't it would be to risky.

So many lives were destroyed that night. What has always been was now gone forever and my Merlinian my beloved grandchild, I never saw him again.

Hope you guys liked the first part I'm writing this in between my other story. Except my other story is my first priority so I probably will update this one when I can. I won't have a schedule. ❤️