𝑾𝒆 𝑨𝒓𝒆 𝑮𝒐𝒊𝒏𝒈 𝒕𝒐 𝑵𝒂𝒗𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒆

Merlin's POV:

Merlinian come back! Come back

I jolt awake with a fresh trail of sweat running down my forehead. The sun rays coming through my window were hitting my face with warm air.

"Come on Merlin get up!" Gaius yelled from the other room. Hopefully he made my favorite breakfast. I slowly get out of my bed and walked over to my shirt that I laid out last night. I slipped on the rough shirt and left the room. A quick glance at the mirror I could see I looked like death itself. I kept having the same dream of a dark blank world with a woman screaming "Merlinian come back." Why? Maybe I would have time to ask Kilgharrah the dragon.

"Merlin the king wanted to speak with you right away." Gaius said after we were finished eating.

"Arthur can wait I have to go do something." I grumbled getting up from my seat.

"He said it's urgent!" Gaius argued. I sighed grabbing my brown jacket.

"I'll see him right away." I said walking out of the room and to the prat's chambers. When I got there he was already awake. He wasn't dressed but I was great full I didn't have to wake him.

"Ah Merlin. What a nice surprise. You are actually here on time." He smirks tilting his head at me.

"Oh sire I didn't know you were capable of dressing yourself." He eyes me weirdly. "Oh thats right you're not." I wink as I began to take his clothes out of the wardrobe.

"Merlin I can have you thrown in the stocks if I wanted." He grumbles.

"Go ahead." I say turning toward him with one of his royal red tunics and brown trousers.

"Oh yea do remember when the kingdom of Navarre fell into poverty after the royal family was killed?" Arthur asks as I slip off his sleep trousers.

"Actually funny thing is, I don't remember. I remember learning about it with my mother a couple years after but I don't remember the year it happened... or anything before that." I say with concern in my voice. Now that I think about it I don't remember anything before I was nine.

"Okay... well um I remember it. I was about eleven summers old and my father had the whole kingdom on lockdown for like two months after because he was afraid of Gregory Salmia." Arthur laughed. "Anyway I'm going to patrol there and see what it's like. At the moment no one is ruling it so the people are starving. I could try and do something about it. I want the horses ready in the morning."

"Yes sire." I say putting on his red tunic. He then turned around placing a hand on my shoulder.

"When we are in Navarre Merlin, I want you to stay close by me. Rumor has it that Gregory Salmia's curse has not left the kingdom."

"Why would that effect us sire?" I ask with a questioning look on my face.

"Because Merlin, the curse was for the whole kingdom. I'm afraid that anyone who knows to much will be killed." Arthur said shaking his head slowly.

"WE ARE GOING TO BE KILLED!" I shouted. I watch as his face goes to an amused grin.

"No Merlin I was just joking, but seriously stick with me. There are some dangerous people in Navarre." He smiles walking out of the room.

Well then I guess we are going to Navarre.
⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟⍟

The next day I packed up the horses for the trip. The journey would take at least four nights so I made sure to pack supplies.

"Ah Merlin good morning." I heard Gwaine say behind me.

"Morning Gwaine, how are you? I hope you didn't spend all night in the tavern." I say chucking at Gwaine's drunken posture.

"I wasn't there for too long okay." He frowned slightly.

"Well if you fall off your horse its not my fault." I say climbing on to my horse.

"I told you Leon we are going there to see what all the commotion is about!" Arthur whispered, shouted coming out the door.

"What? I thought you said you were patrolling the kingdom because the people were starving?" I eyed him suspiciously.

"Oh we are it's just that the people there have started running around all happy like." He sighed heavily.

"What do you mean? Why?" I ask genuinely curious.

"The people are talking about how the youngest prince might still be alive because his grandma sent a letter too the kingdom asking anyone if they have seen her grandson." Arthur explained hoping on to his horse.

"Wait so the youngest prince might still be alive?" Leon asked.

"No there is no way he's alive. I mean the whole royal family was slaughtered even the servants. The only reason they didn't kill the grandam was because she wasn't Nikolaevna blood that was her husband. She married into the family." Lancelot said thoughtfully.

"Why am I the only one here that doesn't know the complete story?" I ask looking at all seven of them.

"Maybe it's because you grew up in a small village?" Mordred says.

Mordred you know perfectly well you grew up with the druids. How do you know more then me?

How am I supposed to know Emrys? I'm sorry I don't have the answers for you

Maybe you could fill me in later?

Of course Emrys

"Why are you staring at him like that?" Eylan taps me on the shoulder.

"Sorry staring contest. Mordred you win." I laughed aloud hoping the knights would believe me and move on.

Arthur turns around to look at us "Well we are going to Navarre!"