𝑨 𝑹𝒖𝒎𝒐𝒓 𝒊𝒏 𝑵𝒂𝒗𝒂𝒓𝒓𝒆

(Song YouTube video up there)

Third Person
(A couple weeks before the knights of the round table left for Navarre)

The whole kingdom of Navarre was bubbling with excitement. The head of the militia just received a letter from Nesrin Empress of France. The letter specifically said that who ever could bring Prince Merlinian to her will be showered with gold and riches. Ever since the rebels killed the royal family with the help of Gregory Salmia, the people have been in a revolution. No immediate family to rule the kingdom, just the militia. The militia were rude and cruel. No one could leave the kingdom without a exit ticket and not many could afford one. Barley any citizens could afford to have food or a place to sleep during the night. So when they found out about this news they were over joyed. People were trying to find the prince. They were asking around, they even started breaking into old abandoned buildings by the castle just to see if they could find him. There was also people who tried to pass themselves off as the Prince Merlinian, but no one was more persistent then two men named Dimitri and Vlad. They were both con men, forging papers, stealing, any illegal way to get money and they did it. Their new target though was Prince Merlinian. They decided to hold auditions to find a Merlinian look alike.

Dimitri worked in the palace when he was a little boy so he knew more about the royal family then anyone. He also had a special gift that the Empress of France gave to Prince Merlinian before they were attacked.

*start playing music here*

The people of Navarre were so over joyed that they were singing about it.

Elder One:
The kingdom of Navarre is gloomy
Elder Two:
The kingdom of Navarre is bleak

Two elders sang as they did their job as quickly as possible, for it was cold outside.

Elder three:
My underwear got frozen standing here all week!
All Elders:
Oh since the revolution our lives have been so gray.
Thank goodness for the gossip that gets us through the day
Hey!

The guards that were listening to the citizens glared disgustingly at them.

Have you heard?
There's a rumor in Navarre
Have you you heard?
What they're saying on the street?

The villagers all gathered round a market stand hearing the story these elders had to say.

Elder Four:
Although the king did not survive,
One son maybe still alive
All Elders:
The Prince Merlinian!

But please do not repeat

The elders shushed the children who were screaming and shouting about it. Citizens moved back to their working stand as the group of elders moved along.

Vlad walked around all of the people who were shouting and singing trying to find Dimitri.

It's a rumor
A legend,
A mystery!
Something whispered in an alleyway
Or through a crack!
It's a rumor
That's part of our history!