Chapter 12: You're Going To Corrupt Me, Eh?

Hey look I'm finally back, I have not abandoned this story! Thanks for all of the support and patience. 

How's everyone doing?

***

Harper Stewarts

Jab. Dodge. Right hook. Dodge. Jab-

Shit.

My counterattack wasn't executed well enough as my opponent manages to knock me backwards. Recovering from the stumble, I swiftly send a punch trying to hit a pressure point in their neck. When their head whips to the side I internally cheer, until I find myself pinned to the ground. 

"Surrender now, bitch." She cackles evilly. 

"Alright, alright." I wheeze out, tapping the dirt floor to signal that I surrender. "You win."

"Again." She smirks happily. 

"You're a wolf of course you did." I tease.

"Yeah, but you're the future Luna."

"Touché."

Katya and I laugh and resume our sparring before anybody notices that we are chatting instead of training. 

Regaining my breath I assess Katya's posture and try to guess her next move. Her tall muscled body shows no signs of her motive nor do her dark stoic eyes. Curse the Russians and their good poker faces

Before I can blink she launches her self towards me. Relying on instincts, I let my body swiftly slide out of the way. We continue sparring for another thirty minutes before the loud shrill of a whistle announces that training is over for the day.

Guzzling down my half empty bottle of water I grimace at the amount of sweat I'm caked in. Glancing over at Katya a swirl of envy goes through me as she looks like a model that just stepped off the runway. Her dark blonde hair is cleanly kept in a ponytail with only a few flyaway hairs, while her rich deep blue eyes reflect the sun's rays making her eyes practically sparkle. Not too mention her toned body that has curved in all the right places.

"Honey, I can feel you staring. You and I both know that we swing opposite directions, but the way you're staring at me is making me rethink that."

Did I mention she oozes confidence as well?

"Katya, how are you not sweating like at all?" I ignore her earlier statement and refrain from joking that she may be the one to get me to swing the other way. Ronin and Viribus are already protective of me around males, can you imagine if he thought I liked females as well?

 It would be a mess

"Well, back in Russia," she makes her Russian accent thicker just to emphasize her point. "There was this time that my brother and I-"

We slowly make our way back to the pack house as she recounts one of her many tales from Russia. Her answer to almost anything is a story or tale from Russia. It makes me wish I could have travelled more, the rest of the world sounds so exciting to see and experience. 

"-after brother and I walked there in the sweltering heat, you know what we did next?" 

"What'd you do?" 

She continues her adventure narrating it with bits and pieces of Russian and occasionally another language that I couldn't detect. I don't need google translate anymore, I have Katya. The girl can speak six languages fluently—or so she claims. I wholly believe it's more like eight or nine. 

"So you see? That is why I barely sweat from something like this." 

Before I can make a remark about her story of walking twenty kilometres in the blistering heat carrying various paraphernalia alongside her brother, other wolves that were sparring approach us.