Chapter 3: Can Wolves Look Embarrassed?

Kind of how I imagine the view of the pond^ 

What's your favourite season?

***

Harper

Clearing his throat he begins. "How has your morning been?" 

"Pretty good." I decide to leave out the rude girls, no sense in making more drama than necessary. 

He seems satisfied and resumes. "So before I start, have you thought of more questions?" 

Now's the time Viribus chooses to enter the room, most likely coming back from his breakfast hunt. He relaxes on his haunches beside me with enough space to still see the whole office without moving much. 

"Um," I hesitate not entirely sure what the wolf's reaction will be. "I was wondering how long I'll have to stay for. You said other werewolves would try to come after me, how long will that last?" 

I could tell Viribus was attempting to keep his growls in but his dark eyes held the emotions. 

"It seems you have misunderstood me," Rafael pauses. "When I meant that you would stay with us it wasn't temporary, I meant permanently. This is your new home." 

I'm stunned into silence for about two minutes. They expect me to stay here, forever

"But what about my work? And schooling?" I all but exclaim panicking. I worked so hard to be able to make it into university, I don't want it to go down the drain. 

"As the mate of the Alpha here your job automatically becomes the role of Luna. You help take care of the pack. For schooling, it depends what you were taking. There's a possibility we'd have the resources to have your education here." 

"What am I supposed to tell my friends, not to mention my boss?" 

So, I found out werewolves exist. Cool, isn't it? 

Definite no to that. 

"Well, you have a few options." He says. "You could fake your death in the human world, we would of course assist you with that. Or, tell them that you're moving. Then there's always just disappearing without a trace." 

Did I want to pretend to die? No, not really. 

I don't think I could handle leaving without saying good bye, so I guess that leaves one option. 

Snapping out of my thoughts I glance between Viribus and Rafael. "Guess I'll go with the second one." 

"Great," he pulls some papers out of the desk's drawers going into business mode. "So just tell them that you found a wonderful job in the Viewmont area. If they ask what you're occupation will be say a PA for Nixon Corporations. We can also deal with your real estate process if you wish?" 

"Okay." I nod my head hoping I'll remember everything. "I had just lived in a rented unit so that won't take much." 

Jotting down the last word he rests the pen down. "Alright, let's continue. We'll give you a week to settle in before the pack doctor starts running tests and experiments. The experiments may contain needles, will you be okay with that?" 

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say distractedly playing with Viribus's soft fur. "Did he just take a bath or something?" His fluffy coat seemed to glow with not a speck of dirt in sight. 

Rafael mindlinks Ronin asking him. Chuckling he replies to me. "Yes he took a swim in the lake, by the way Viribus is very happy that you noticed." 

The said wolf tilts his head at me with his big tongue lolling out sideways. I keep running my fingers through his hair sometimes stopping to rub his ears.