one

omniscient

"so if you guys don't already know," principal drew stated.

"mr. finch quit yesterday-"

the older man was cut off by the sound of the students' devilish laughter.

"he quit, i'm sure you guys think you succeeded, this is the second teacher that has quit because of you guys' actions."

billie, who sat hidden away in the back of the classroom, let out a quiet sigh, rolling her eyes and lightly shaking her head out of annoyance.

"i should've skipped today." she whispered to herself, propping her elbow on her desk and holding her chin in her hand.

she blocked out the rest of what her principal was saying and her eyes began to shut before she heard clacking footsteps and the clearing on someone's throat.

she opened her eyes quickly, her hand dropping slowly when she saw the person who walked into the classroom.

"shit." billie mumbled to herself as she took in the view on the slightly older woman who stood taller than her.

natural red locks bounced off of her shoulders and her eyes were a tainted blue;

rare combination, but no one was complaining.

"this is miss klein, she's going to be your new teacher for, hopefully, the rest of the year. i'm going to leave you guys now so she can get herself settled in."

principal drew walked out of the classroom leaving the new teacher alone in the classroom,

"very bad idea." billie vocalized.

the douchebag of the classroom, vixen stood up out of his chair, preparing to do his traditional 'welcoming speech' to all the teachers, but he was shot down immediately.

"don't you even try it." the woman glared at him.

vixen was taken back by her approach, but he did follow her instructions.

"so, i heard you guys are so called 'notorious' for making teachers run away from you," miss klein said.

"those teachers were just pussies." she shrugged.

billie blinked a few times, stunned by her use of language but knew she would be hypocritical if she thought anything of it.

"there will be no pranks, games, or whatever you guys did to the others with me. starting now, any bullshit? you simply leave, okay?"

it was clear that everyone was threatened or partially terrified by her demeanor because no one said anything and just nodded.

"thank you." she smiled for a second, and it dropped immediately right after.

"what were you guys even learning about in the first place?"

"uh, we were talking about different mental disorders and how society treated them." one of the students spoke with a tint of shyness in her voice.

"name one of the disorders."

when no one raised their hand, miss klein let out a sigh.

"since we're having a hard time, i want all of you to go home and write me a four page essay about how society treats disorders."

most of the class let out a shout mixed with the groan, making the woman turn around and say,

"if you don't want to do it, just get out."

two students stood out of their seats when she stopped them.

"of course this is a keystone class, meaning if you fail, you don't graduate." she mumbled, which made them sit right back down.