thirteen

omniscient

billie cracked her eyes opened, slightly wincing at the oncoming sun. she looked around and saw that jade was asleep next to her.

she thought it was strange for her to still be here so she decided to check the time. 6:21 a.m.

"shit! shit!" she quickly got out of bed, rushing to get her clothes on. the hassle made jade open her eyes as well in confusion.

"babe, what are you doing?" jade rasped. "you said you would wake me up, what happened?"

jade glanced at the time, "oh fuck, i'm so sorry, i just fell asleep too." jade mumbled. billie didn't say anything and just continued to put her clothes on.

she walked over and checked her phone that included a few missed calls from her parents and messages from her brother and zoe.

she first pressed on zoe's contact, pressing the call button, and putting it to her ear.

after two rings, zoe's voice came screeching in, "what the hell, billie!? what lie did you bring me in?"

"i'm sorry, i really am, i lost track of time-"

"well you owe me like a million favors. i covered for your ass."

"what did you tell them?" billie furrowed her brows. "that you decided to crash at mine for the night, i just said you were asleep so you couldn't talk, but she's expecting you to be home in like twenty minutes, since we go together."

"oh my god, you're a saint. i swear i'm gonna marry you."

"what!?" jade shouted, quickly covering her mouth after billie glared at her. "who was that?"

"no one, i'm here alone."

"uh, okay? where are you anyway?"

"no where important, love you, bye!" billie ended the call and let out a huge sigh of relief.

"still really sorry, what did zoe say?"

"she told my mom i was crashing at hers, so yeah she covered my ass, really did."

"wait, did she know you were coming here?"

"of course not, baby. but my parents think i'm at zoe's place, but i need to go now. i gotta be home in twenty minutes."

"okay, i can drop you off." jade shrugged. "no, i'm fine, i'll take the bus."

"bil, the bus is a forty five minute drive, i'll have you there in ten."

"no, jade. seriously i'm fine." billie still refused. "okay, what is it with you and your fear of cars?"

"i'm not scared of cars." billie mumbled, grabbing jade's hair brush and quickly brushing out the tangles.

"it's kind of obvious, you are."

"it's not the car that scares me, okay," billie set the brush down. "it's what people can do to you in the car."

"well what the hell did someone do to you and why did it have to happen in a car."

"you wanna call and ask him?" billie sassed back. "obviously I can't- ohhhh." jade finally got the reason.

"yeah, i already feel bad about it enough, don't- just don't."

jade shrugged her shirt on, quickly approaching billie whose back was turned to her. "no-"

"hey, that's not something you should be ashamed of," jade whispered. "it's not your fault that some bastard of a loser decided to take advantage of you."