sixteen

omniscient

billie's brows raised when she heard soft footsteps coming out from into the hallway. she sat up and watched as jade appeared from here.

"i'm here." she called out, a grin on her face when jade walked her way. "you didn't leave?"

billie shook her head and let jade sit down near her. "why would i?"

"I thought you would, i don't know." jade shrugged. "no, love, i'm here."

jade sighed and let her head rest on billie's shoulder. "i'm really sorry, billie."

"for what?"

jade moved her head and looked at billie. "for the way i was acting—"

"no, it's fine. i understand, you're grieving and—"

"no, no, listen," jade stopped her. "you're going through a lot already and plus you're a kid—well not necessarily a kid, but i'm way too old to be drinking crazily and acting like some alcoholic, i swear i'm not an alcoholic, i swear, i pro—"

"i know, i know," billie laughed softly. "you're okay, i understand, i do."

"oh fuck and i'm sorry for calling you chelsea, fuck i'm so sorry, you must feel like shit, i swear i didn't mean it."

billie nodded and pulled jade in closer, "it's fine. i assure you, it is. i understand."

jade let herself get comfortable in billie's hold and sighed heavily. the way shit was really hitting the fan after everything was a lot for her, no doubt.

jade wanted to close her eyes and disappear, even if it was just a split second, she wanted it.

she wanted to forget, go back into a time where her life wasn't such a burden, where her life wasn't full of so much loss and so much stress.

and ironically, it was like the same thing with billie. which somehow meant they were well for one another.

but there was no way.

jade klein is so fucking hot when she teaches.

that was the only thought that protruded billie's mind throughout the whole class. one more week had passed since jade's depressive state but by that monday, she was here.

billie was in a daze as she watched the woman interact with the other students. her teacher who somehow became her now secret and forbidden lover was hard to not just want to jump on in front of the class.

throughout the entire period, billie crossed her legs tightly for the obvious reasons and occasionally let out small huffs.

"so now that we've come up with the idea together that gender is just a social construct, then why do we continue to live by it?" she asked the class.

one by one, hands flew up, all eager to answer the question. after a few hands were called on and answers were revealed, jade continued to speak.

"ultimately, it is believed and makes much sense that we humans like categories. We like the thought of looking at a person or an object and being able to put it in a box without any iss..."

the rest of the woman's voice was tuned out by billie. she was no longer listening to a thing jade was saying and she knew it would just bite her in the ass sooner than later.

after a while, the class fell silent and the bell finally rang prompting her classmates to stand up and prepare to leave out of the door.

"billie, stay back."