Chapter 2: High School: What a disaster

I arrived at school twenty minutes before any of my classes started so I plenty of time to find my locker and figure my way around this school. The school had sent me an email with my locker number and a map of the place so finding my way around should go off without a hitch. 

After trying to fight through the storm of students, I finally found my locker only to find it filled with papers, usued tissues, gum wrappers, and other disgusting things I can't even begin to describe. I guess I would just have to lug all my books around school all day until I could get my locker cleaned out. My first period was AP Calculus, which was all the way across the building, so I ran as fast as I could to at least be there on time, trying to not get caught. I wasn't watching where I was going so I ran right into someone, knocking the books out of his hands drawing the attention of some of the students filling the hall with scoffs, laughs, and snickers. 

"I'm so sorry!! Let me help you with your boo-" I started to say as I started gathering the books scattered on the floor when I was cut short as I looked up into the boys soft brown eyes. This was the first time I had actually encountered a boy, or even a kid my age at all. My cheeks felt like they were on fire. I felt like passing out, screaming, and running a marathon all at the same time; what a whirlwind of emotions.

"No, I'm sorry I should have been looking where I was going. I'm Peter by the way. Peter Parker," he said.

"No...um....It was my fault. I was the one uhh...sprinting down the hall. I'm Y/N, Y/N Sta-...uhm...Y/N Smith." I know, I know basic name. My dad's not known for being creative outside of work and teasing people. "I'm just about to be late for one of my classes," I said as I finished helping him collect his books and resumed my mad dash to class. 

"Nice to meet you....I guess," I heard him say over my shoulder. 

"Wow Y/N! Nice way to meet the first kid your age you've ever met," I said to myself. "Its ok, its totally ok. There are 100s of students in this school so the chances of him being in your first class are slim to none. No need to go overthink your whole life." I reassured myself. 

Oh boy, was I wrong. 

I got to class just in time. Luckliy I succeeded in not drawing any more unwanted attention. I slipped into the open seat closest to the door in case I needed a quick escape. Due to my dad's rigorous training, subconsciously I always was wary of a need to escape in case anything dangerous happened. Not really sure if that's a good or bad thing, but whatever. 

Class passed uneventfully, until Mr. Heartwell called on the boy a couple seats down from me to answer a problem. 

"Mr. Parker, ABC is a right triangle and r is the radius of the inscribed circle. Express r in terms of angle x and the length of the hypotenuse h please."

"I  think M, N and P will be the points of tangency of the circle and the sides of the triangle and OM, ON and OP are perpendicular to CB, CA and AB

"I  think M, N and P will be the points of tangency of the circle and the sides of the triangle and OM, ON and OP are perpendicular to CB, CA and AB ." he quickly answered. 

Parker, Parker, where had I heard that name before? A flashback from earlier when I ran into the boy in the hallway camte back and I realized he has said his name was Peter Parker. My head shot up so fast from my paper, and I looked to see if really was him. Yep, of course it was. That was just my luck. Of ALL the classes he had to be in, he was in mine. I had made a total fool of myself for not only running into him, but for my general awkwardness and running off so rudely becuase of my own embarrasement. 

After class was over, I hopped up, collected my things, and once again I almost sprinted to my next class, hoping he wouldn't see me. Unfortunately I think he did. Either it was my imagination or I think I heard him yell my name as I was leaving class, but either way I ingored it. 

Funny thing was I heard him call my name after I left every class. Weird, I know. Either through some strange fluke of fate Peter was in all my classes or I was going absolutely Peter Parker crazy. Come on that couldn't be it. I had met the kid once, and we really didn't "officially" meet; I kinda ran into him. Not to mention he was only kid I had met all day. Not gonna lie though, there was someting attractive yet mysterious in that nerdy kid's brown eyes. Nah, totally fate, I don't have a crush on Peter. I can't have a crush on Peter!

I finally made it to lunch and was definately ready for the break. I wasn't as extroverted as I thought I was. I grabbed my tray and sat down at an empty table in the cafeteria, when suddenly I heard my name being called again. This time though it kept getting louder and louder until I couldn't ingore it any longer and I looked up from my sad sheet pizza and saw Peter coming towards me with two people trailing behind him. 

"Hey Y/N! I have been trying to get your attention all day!" 

Crap. He was in all of my classes. Well at least we can eliminate the possibility of me having a crush on him...at least I think...