Chapter 14: Becoming and Avenger...Maybe

Y/N's POV

Nat jumped up from the table almost knocking over her coffee, Steve was there to catch it though. "Oh my gosh, Y/N! You're awake! What are you doing out of bed?" She had run up to me and grabbed my face, inspecting the bruises and scrapes. This is the most emotional and uncomposed I had ever seen Nat. She was usually so calm and level headed.

"I'm fine. A little sore, but that's about it." I gently moved my head out of her grasp, as she accidentally brushed over a cut, making me wince slightly.

"Birdie, we need to chat. About what happened...everything. We need to have a family meeting." Steve said

I gulped and hesitantly slid into a chair across from Steve. "Even dad?"

"Yes"

A few minutes went by and everyone, Steve, Nat, Thor, Wanda, Vision, and my dad, were all gathered at the table.

I started to get nervous when I saw my dad walk in, expressionless, but was determined to stay in control.

"So tell us everything, the flickering or whatever it was, what happened when you were taken, and lastly Peter..." Steve said.

I shifting in my seat and my palms started to sweat, but Wanda placed her hand on my arm and smiled at me, calming my nerves.

"Ok let me start with what happened when I was kidnapped. So I was unconscious when I was kidnapped but then I woke up in a concrete room...." I continued telling the whole story, a few gasps were heard from Wanda and Steve. I saw rage welling up in Thor's eyes. In my dad though, I saw despair and what looked like the feeling of utter failure.

"Next the "flickering" as you guys call it. A while back, right before Ultron was created, I had gone into the lab where my dad was working with Loki's staff. He told me to leave because there was a lot of dangerous stuff going in there. He had started distancing himself from me recently and I was confused why, so I had gone in there to help him and spend some time with him. We got into an argument and...well...I don't think he meant to...I really don't know what happened...he struck me with a blast from Loki's staff. When I woke up, I had powers. Powers to shape-shift into a shadow and dematerialize my physical form. I usually have pretty decent control on it, but sometimes, usually when it has something involving dad I completely loose it.

And lastly Peter...well he's just a friend from school...that I kinda like...a lot." I blushed and almost whispered the last phrase.

"How does he know you are a Stark? Does anybody else know? Does he know about your powers?" Dad finally spoke up.

"I told him...I got tired of lying to him, and no nobody else knows. And again yes...he knows about my powers...we agreed to have no secrets between each other"

"No secrets? Did he share any of his secrets?" Dad asked suspiciously.

"I don't think he has any to be honest..."

An awkward silence followed my last comment and everybody turned to each other, as if they were hiding something.

"Well if this one has powers, she needs to be trained," Thor spoke, breaking the silence.

"Trained? Like with you guys? Really? Wait does that mean I could be an Avenger? Oh my gosh this is awesome." I had always wanted this my whole life. My brain was already creating its own scenarios and fight scenes and...

"No" my dad stated flatly squashing my excitement.

"No? What do you mean no?"

"Tony, why?" Nat and I were both perplexed.