Chapter 7: Unwanted and Unloved

While me and Peter were out for ice cream, Happy had been blowing up my phone trying to find me. I may have not told him I was going out. Oops. I hadn't realized that my phone had died so I had no idea. Happy had gotten so worried about me he told my dad that I hadn't shown up for him to pick me up. My dad went ballistic. 

After the kiss Peter's phone started ringing. He looked at it and quickly rushed away. 

"Hey, what's going on? Is something wrong?" I yelled.

Peter's POV

I just kissed my dream girl. Not only that but she kissed me first. It...it was magical...I mean up until my phone started ringing and killed the whole vibe. 

I looked at the caller ID and it was Tony Stark. Holy cow! Mr. Stark never called me ever, only when something was like really wrong and that had only happened once. 

I darted off before Y/N could see who was calling me. I know I had promised no more secrets or lies between us, but she just couldn't know I was Spiderman. That would put her in unecessary danger not to mention Mr. Stark would probably bury me alive and dance on my grave. Not a pretty picture.

"Hey, what's going on? Is something wrong?" she called after me.

"Uh...nothing...its nothing. Just an important phone call I have to take. 

I answered the phone. "Um...hello Mr. Stark? What's up?" 

"Kid, I don't have time for small talk. There's a girl in your school named Y/N Smith, right?"

"Yeah, I think so. Why?"

"She hasn't come home and I know her uncle personally and I'm just asking you to keep an eye out for her. Would you do that for me? Call me if you hear or see anything. Parker I mean it. She's very special...to her uncle I mean. "

"Uh...yes sir. I'll call you with any updates. Bye..." 

How do I tell Y/N that her dad is looking for her without letting her know I  know her dad. What a mess. 

Y/N's POV

Peter's "nothing" didn't seem like nothing. Not buying it.

After about five minutes Peter came back with a worried and perplexed look on his face. 

"Hey everything alright? You don't look alright."

"It's nothing really. Just some work issue I have to deal with. I hate to run out on ya, but I gotta go." 

Peter looked up into my eyes and I think he knew I could tell he was lying. 

"Its nothing really." he reassured me.

"Peter, I thought we agreed on no more lies, and not even thirty minutes later here you are lying to me again" 

Peter moved closer to me, inches away from my face, slipped one of his hands into mine and the other on my cheek caressing my face. He moved the hair that had fallen into my face and looked deep into my eyes. 

"Y/N, with all of my heart, I wish I could tell you, and I know I promised but I can't. It's for your own good, trust me. Its getting late, you should probably get back home before your dad sends out his whole Iron Legion looking for you" he chuckled. 

I nodded my head. Right before I was about to pull away from him, he planted a gentle kiss on my forehead sending chills up my spine. 

Back at the Stark Tower...

Not gonna lie, I was kinda scared to go back home. I hadn't told anybody where I had gone and since my phone died I had been unreachable. 

I opened the door to my dad standing there seething with anger, arms crossed and everything. The rest of the avengers had gathered in the kitchen to watch the impending fight go down.