Chapter 18: FINAL CHAPTER

Y/N's POV

I started up out of my sleep. Looking around, I noticed I was back in my own room. Was all that just a bad dream or was it real? Nothing seemed out of place or different in my room. The letter from Peter was still on my sidetable, and my sliding glass door was still opened from my excusion to the roof. I almost believed it was all a dream...that is until I moved. 

Pain shot through my body. I looked down and saw the burn marks from the blast of energy from my father's suit and other random cuts and bruises from all the other happenings of the past days. Was I going crazy? I grabbed my phone. Just as Peter had said there were hundreds of messages and missed calls, not only by him but from Ned and MJ. Wait, why was I here? Why were they worried about me.

Then it hit me. Everything that had taken place the last couple of days came flooding back, overwhelming me. The training with Nat and Wanda, me loosing it with Steve after being injured, the lab, the room...and then Peter....

Guilt, shame, and fear swamped my brain, drowning out all other feelings. I just sat there, upright in bed, looking down at my hands; they were the doers of destruction and I just wanted to cut them off. 

Interrupting my thoughts, my father's foodsteps could be heard in the hall followed by a knock  on my door. I didn't answer, so he just walked in. I didn't lift my head or even stir.

I guess he was taken back by my absent looking appearance, and paused, just standing there for what felt like an eternity. 

"Hey, I don't know if you remember what happened, but the tests came back. You have a chip implanted into your brain, thus the strange incision mark on the back of your neck, allowing Hydra to take full control of not only your body, but also your mind....and..."

A few moments of silence passed

"Just tell me. I know there's more." I said flatly, my gaze never leaving my hands.

"...the test's also told us that the chip...well...is in an unreachable location for extractraction. If we were to attempt to remove it, it would most certainly kill you, but even in the absolute best case it would completely paralyze you."

Tears gently rolled down my cheeks at this realization. Not that it couldn't be removed without me dying, but that I was destined to live the rest of my days as the monster that I had become, the monster I always was. The rest of my day would be lived always fearing I might hurt someone or go completely psycho.

 Tony's POV

"Does that mean I'm always gonna be like this. Always be a threat, people always worrying if I am gonna go crazy. Destined to live in a cage and be treated like an animal?" Y/N asked softly, not a tinge of anger in her voice, only despair. 

She looked up at me with her big beautiful eyes. At that moment, I realized the toll the last few months had taken on her. Her eyes had lost that sparkle and were ringed in blue, her complection paler than the moon, and she looked way too thin.  As I looked at my baby girl, for the first time I think it hit me that she was actually human, a person. I mean that in, she was always so strong, even growing up without a mother and her family being a mismatched group of vigilantes and crime fighting freaks, she still remained her angel-like self. And...well a not so great father...great person, billionaire, genius, and philanthropist, but not so hot in the dad area. Now, at this moment, I witnessed her breaking, physically, mentally, and emotionally, and it was tearing me to pieces. 

I walked closer to the bed and reached my arms out to grab her to just hold and comfort her, but she moved away, wrapping her arms around her legs. 

"Dad...please...don't." she looked at me, her eyes drowning in tears making rivers down her face. "I don't want to hurt you...please...I'm dangerous..." she said as she scooted as far away from me as she could.