Chapter 17: A Demon

Peter's POV

I just stood there silently. As soon as those words had left Mr. Stark's lips, something clicked in Y/N. 

When I glanced at her, half expecting to see tears rolling down her face like any person who had just been told they were unfixable, no tears could be seen nor was there the slightest trace of them in her eyes. Her face was almost expressionless as she stared holes in Mr. Stark's back as he was walking out. Suddenly a distinctive flash crossed her eyes....wait I knew that look...her eyes turned that strange blue neon color...she was loosing control...

"MR. STARK! WATCH OUT!" I yelled knowing she was about to attack, family or not, due to Hydras control, she was out to kill. 

Mr. Stark spun around, not in enough though to atctivate his "travel suit" as I called it. She pounced on him, knocking his head hard on the concrete floor. I rushed over to get Y/N off him, but she had already disapeared. 

Not gonna lie...her powers were kinda freaky...especially since nobody knew the exent of them. 

The room went eerily quiet. 

"Y/N? You there?" half expecting that she had already escaped through the open door. 

After what felt like an eternity later, I heard the door slam, making me jump at the ear deafening noise. Y/N then appeared in front of the door, staring into my soul. 

"Er gehort mir!" 

"What?" I know she was speaking German, but Spanish was my strong suite, not German.

"He is mine!" she repeated pointing to her father as I was helping him off the ground. 

"Y/N, this is not you! I know he hurt you...but violence is...." but she cut me off as she launched at Mr. Stark, pinning him to the ground landing punches right across his face. 

I rushed over the grabbed one of her wrist. She paused for a moment looking in my eyes, the neon glow in her eyes disapearing. 

"Peter, please save me..." she whispered, tears forming in her beautiful eyes. 

I lifted her up off her father, not sure if he was unconscious or just trying to recover. 

As I did though, the neon eyes returned and she proceeded to attack me. Trying not to hurt her and just defend myself, which was hard as she was constantly pinning me against the wall, I threw her back across the room, slamming into the bed. 

Then she disapeared...and so did the bed? I guess whatever she touched could change like her into a shadow. Out of no one the bed soars through the air, blasting me, not just into the wall, but completely through the concrete wall. 

I guess I blacked out momentarily and I tried to stand, but I howled in pain slumping back onto the floor, convinced I had broken at least a few ribs. 

Once again the room went quiet, and I assumed she had left. I don't know if I was relieved or worried. What happens if she tried to pull another stunt like she did on the room and couldn't get back control in time, or what if she decided to just go on a killing rampage? 

My thoughts were inturrupted as I saw her head peak around the hole in the wall where I was. 

Y/N's POV

I don't know what happened, but I heard Peter's desperate cry of pain snapping me back to reality. I jumped into action, ready to kill anyone who hurt Peter. But as I looked around the ruins of my containment room, nobody was there. (I didn't see my Dad at the time) My fear growing as I began to realize that this, this destruction, was me. Dreading turning around to see where Peter's sound had come from, I slowly turned, my heart flowing with strange emotions. 

My horror growing at this heinous act, I suddenly saw Peter's limp body all twisted and contorted on the floor, blood pouring from a large gash on his head and his nose. 

He suddenly looked up and locked eyes. I don't know if his were filled with fear, fear of me, or just pain from his obvious injuries. I stood there tears streaming down my face mixing with the dirt from the squabble imparing my vision. I had become the monster my father had said I would become...and I hurt...the one I love the most. At that moment I felt my heart, not just break, but shatter, never to be made whole again. The pain and the shame, and utter hatred of myself, ran so deep, I physically felt my spirit break into nothing but shattered pieces, and the realization that my inner demon had finally reared it ugly head, almost killing the one I loved the most, killed me. 

Before I knew it I heard my dad scream as he stood from his hiding place in the corner, now in his suit, "PETER WATCH OUT!" 

I saw a blinding beam of light burst from my father's hand, and I heard Peter yell back, "MR. STARK NOOOO!!!!!"

 Then everything went black and I felt nothing. Kinda a good feeling. 

Sorry guys its a short chapter! Just wanted to let you know that there will only be one or two more chapters left in this book and then I'll continue it in another one! Thank you all for taking the time to read this and supporting me!