𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐬𝐢𝐱

"I still don't get why I couldn't fight today," I say nonchalantly while crossing my arms over my chest and pointing my nose up in the air.

"Because I said so, kid," Levi says from beside. The shorty lets out a tch in annoyance when Commander Erwin lets chuckle deeply from across us in the carriage.

Today Eren, Armin, and Mikasa would try to lure Annie- who was the female titan bitch that killed my squad and many others- and attempt to take her down and imprison her. If I wasn't still hurt from the expedition I would've helped the three, but Levi said I was still injured and rendered useless with my ribs and leg still slightly fractured and banged up pretty bad.

Let's just say I made him pay with my annoying antics for not letting me go.

"How much longer?" I whine out and slump against my seat. The bumps in the carriage against the stone road inside the walls of Wall Sina were starting to make my ribs ache up.

No one answers me. I poke Levi in the side and ask again and again and again until he whips around and flicks me in the head.

"Be fucking pateint," he seeths out.

"Fuck off, Levi! That hurt!" I yell agitated now. I glare at his emotionless face, besides from his eyes that held a quiet rage in them, and begin to fidget in my seat even more than I already was.

"Hey, Levi?" I ask in a sweet tone, switching tactics.

"What?"

"What if I promise-"

"No."

"But I'll be careful and-"

"If you say one more word I'll throw you outside of this carriage myself," he bites out in an aggressive tone that makes even Commander Erwin shrink back in his seat.

I let out a huff and crossed my arms over my chest dramatically while declining into my seat even more.

"You're no fair, short-stack," I mumble out sadly. But my frown quickly turns into a loving grin when he throws a book into my lap.

"Thank you so much, you scary little munchkin!" I shove Levi's face away when he turns it quickly towards me in shock and anger while he tries to take the book away.

"Nope, mine now," I snicker while beginning to read my book. The shorty just lets out a tch (his twelfth of the day) and goes back to staring out the window, watching all the luxurious houses go by.

A few long minutes went by until there was a loud boom that resonated in the lavish Stohess District. The book I was reading seconds ago fell out of my hands and I pushed Levi aside to look out the window and towards the direction of what could've either been Annie's or Eren's transformation.

"Oi! You can't just shove me-"

"Shush!" I quiet the captain and rip the tiny curtains on the window straight off it and throw it to the ground as if I could see the titan from all the way from where the carriage was. I ignore Commander Erwin's displeased sigh as the thin curtains fall atop his feet.

"Annie transformed," I informed the two soldiers even though they were right behind me and looking outside the window for any sign of the female titan, only to see nothing there.

"How are you sure?" The commander asks with slight doubt in my words.

"I can sense Annie's thoughts, Commander," I say while still pressing my face to the window. "They're muffled, but I can tell they're definitely not Eren's."

"Oh, just Erwin is fine Y/n, but I trust your word, so let's-"

Right as I'm about to fangirl about how Commander- I mean Erwin- just permitted me to call him by his first name, the carriage comes to a sudden halt and my hand slips, making me press down on the door's hatch and fall out of the carriage and onto the ground.