Chapter 7

Apparently, Nathan and Brendan were both on the school's soccer team, and they had practice after school Mondays-Thursdays. Alice invited me to go with her to watch the practice. I was hesitant, but I decided to go...because of the promise I had made to my aunt.

We sat on the bleachers and watched them, talking and laughing and cheering. Once they had finished, Alice insisted that I walk up to the field with her and talk to the guys. She practically had to drag me after her.

Apparently, she did this very frequently because all the players knew her when we got down to the field- even the coach!

"Alice!" he boomed. "Good to see you again! I was starting to think that you and the Big B broke up."

"He likes to make fun of Alice and Brendan," Nathan whispers to me.

I nod my head, finally understanding. "He calls him the Big B?" I whisper back.

Before Nathan can answer, the coach says, "What are you two whispering about over there? What happened to that other girl- the one with the dark hair? She dump you?" All his teammates laugh.

The coach looks at me quizzically. "I don't think I've met you," he says to me.

I shake my head, "No, I'm new. My name is Sophia."

"Nice to meet you, Sophie," he says shaking my hand.

Alice walks over to me and throws her arm around my shoulders. "Sophie...meet the team."

I spend the next ten minutes introducing myself to all the soccer boys, even though I know for a fact that I won't remember any of them tomorrow.

"Hey, we're gonna go hang out in the lounge for a while. Wanna come?" Alice asks me after practice is dismissed.

"Thanks, but I think I'm just gonna go back to my room and probably catch up on some sleep," I tell them.

"Ok," she says. "If you change your mind, you know where to find us." I wave goodbye to Alice and Nathan and Brendan as we head in separate directions.

As I'm walking back to my room, I hear someone call my name. "Sophia Grace!" they call, and I turn around. "Sophia Grace!"

He stops running when he finally reaches me. "Hi," he says with a crooked grin.

"Umm...hello," I say.

"I'm Jared," he says, shaking my hand. "I'm on the soccer team." After a moment, he adds, "I'm also Jack's best friend."

"I heard you're not the best people to hang out with," I tell him.

"Of course they'd say that," he mutters, looking down running his hand through his hair.

"Why shouldn't I listen to them?" I ask.

He sighs and says, "Look, no matter what they say, we're not bad guys. They just don't like us."

I open my mouth to say something else, but he silences me by putting a finger to my lips. "No more questions," he says, then jogs away.

I'm left standing there dumbfounded. I shake my head and just continue to walk to my room. He was one strange boy...

***

Friday at lunch, I take my usual seat next to Alice.

I never thought I'd say that...

Piper and Brendan are having an argument about which Meghan Trainor song is the best, and Nathan is stuck in between them. He looks like he's ready to strangle both of them. I laugh at the expression on his face... It's a mix between "Please kill me" and "Please kill both of them before I do it myself." I nudge Alice with my elbow and nod towards Nathan. She laughs at him, just like I did.

"Are you coming to watch the game today?" Alice asks me.

"Uhh, sure, I guess," I reply. "What time is it?"

"I'll just stop by your room before I go down and we can get there together," she says.

"We play Springwell Boarding School, our absolute rival," Brendan tells me.

"I cannot wait to crush them," Nathan mutters.

"Same, bro," Brendan says giving Nathan a fist-bump.

"They are such losers," Alice whispers to me.

"Absolutely," I whisper back.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Thank you so much to G_Kegs for all the help she's given me with this story. I really appreciate it!!!

What did you guys think?
Opinions on Jared?
It may have been a strange way to introduce him, but I really wanted to get him in the story bc he really is important.

Next chapter will feature the soccer game! Go Lakeview Boarding School!!

Love the picture, that's why I used it twice. Made by G_Kegs

Ps sorry this chapter is kinda short