Chapter 12

Nathan waves me down after science class. Of all the people in their group, he's by far the most intimidating, so I immediately become nervous. Not that I think he'll actually do anything to me, but I still have to wonder what on earth they sent him to me for.

"Hey," he says when I walk over to him.

"Ummm...hey," I reply.

"What did he tell you?" Nathan asks me.

"Well, you're certainly one to get right to the point," I mutter.

"Yes, I am. Now what did he say?"

"Why does it even matter?" I sigh.

"Because it does!" Nathan snaps. "Now I'm going to ask you one more time. What did he tell you?"

I sigh and give in to his persistence. "He said that he and Lexi used to date, but it didn't work out and now you all hate him."

Nathan laughs sarcastically like that's the biggest lie he's ever heard. "What?" I snap.

"Really? That's what he told you?" he asks in disbelief.

"Yes!"

"So he didn't mention the part where he cheated on her?"

I'm stunned for a second. "What?" I ask quietly.

"Yep," Nathan says, folding his arms over his chest. "They were together for the longest time. She was crazy for him... And then he goes and bangs some other chick because Lexi refused to give it to him."

I feel like I've just been punched through the stomach. "I had no idea..."

"Yeah, I know. Bet you feel bad for acting like a bitch to her now, huh?"

My head snaps up. "What did you call me?" I ask dumbfounded.

Nathan sighs. "No, I didn't mean it like that, I-"

"I don't want to hear it!" I shout. He looks very shocked by my outburst.

Suddenly I feel tears stinging my eyes. I turn around speed walk away from him. The last time somebody called me that was...

~FLASHBACK TO BEFORE JUVY~

I sob as the belt comes down on me again, this time hitting my face. "Please, please stop!" I beg.

"Shut up, you little bitch! Nobody said you could open your mouth," he screams.

So I sit there, sobbing silently, praying that he will stop, and having trouble deciding which hurts more- the belt...or the words.

(A/N - remember guys, Sophie does have a secret. I need to get this story back on track)

~BACK TO PRESENT DAY~

I slam the door to my room and throw my books on the dresser. My classes for today aren't supposed to over, but they are now. I'm not planning to leave this room for a while...

I don't know why his words hurt me so much. I guess it's just because I heard them so often from people I hate that it's painful to hear it from someone I thought I could trust.

But even if that is why, that's in the past now. It's over. Done. I paid the price for it, of course. But the two years I spent in Juvy were definitely worth it. What I did haunts me, but it had to be done.

I hate thinking about this.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hey guys!!! Now, before you all get mad at me, I'm sorry this chapter is so short. It's honestly just a filler. I really need to get this story back on track, so I gave you guys a tiny glimpse into her past. Hopefully you all haven't forgotten the point of the story! Anyway, thank you for reading. I hope you enjoyed!!!!

xoxo,
brenhilda

OutOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara