Chapter 2

The plane ride from Delaware to California lasted about five and a half hours. After I got off the plane, I claimed my luggage and stepped outside of the building. The hot sun warmed my face almost instantly. It felt good...much different than Deleware. But, then again, I only got to spend one hour outside everyday...

Don't think about it, I tell myself. You're not that person anymore.

I hail a cab and the young driver helps me put my suitcases in the trunk. "Where you headed?" he asks me.

"Uhh, Lakeview Boarding School," I reply as I buckle my seatbelt.

"Are you a new student?" he asks me.

"Um, yeah," I answer. "Starting Monday."

"I hear it's a pretty good school," he answers.

"I hope so," I tell him.

"What's your name?" he asks me.

I take a breath before saying, "Sophia. Sophia Grace Abbot."

He smiles. "Well it's nice to meet you, Sophia Grace. I'm Jack. Jack Tyler Loft."

I laugh and respond, "Nice to meet you too, Jack Tyler."

About half an hour later we arrive at the school. We both get out of the car and he gets my bags out of the trunk for me. I take them from him with a smile. "Thank you," I say. "And it was nice to meet you."

"No problem," he says with a smile. "I'm sure I'll be seeing you around again at some point."

"I doubt it," I reply.

"Ehh, we'll see about that," he replies grinning.

"Whatever you say," I tell him. I wave goodbye to Jack Tyler Loft and walk into the extremely large school building and walk into to main office.

"Are you Sophia?" the lady behind the desk asks me as soon as I walk in.

It startles me at first, how she immediately knows who I am, but I quickly regain my composure and say, "Yes, that's me."

I walk up to the desk sheepishly. I have a feeling this is going to be a very stressful year...