Chapter 11

I can't catch my breath. Everything hurts. I'm aching, tears streaming down my face. I gasp for breath as I double over again, causing more tears to escape.

This is the hardest I've laughed in a very long time. Probably my entire life.

After about a whole five more minutes, im able to catch my breath and wipe away the tears.

I look over at Jack, only to see that he is doing the exact same thing I was doing, which causes me start laughing again. I watch him as he falls off his chair, causing me to scream with laughter. Then he laughs harder too. And then I laugh harder. And then he laughs harder. I swear, I'm gonna have some nice abs after this.

When we finally both stop laughing, I catch my breath again and wipe away tears again.

Jared is just sitting there, fuming with anger. We were all sitting down eating when out of nowhere this dude walks up behind him, pours two bottles of red Gatorade all over him, and runs away screaming, "REVENGE!!!!"

The best part is that Jared has a white shirt on. He's just sitting there, soaked and stained, while Jack and I die laughing.

I've been sitting with Jack and Jared for the past week, not wanting to go over near the people who I thought were my friends, but apparently don't like me. Every day, they sit over there at their table and glare at me. I guess they don't like the fact that I'm sitting with people they hate.

Whoops, my bad.

I mean, it's not like I'm only sitting here to make them mad. I really do like being with Jack and Jared- they make me happy...but so did Alice and the gang. I guess the feeling wasn't mutual.

I haven't talked to any of them since the Starbucks incident. Not even Brendan or Nathan, who weren't even there.

I glance over my shoulder at them, and Lexi catches me. She narrows her eyes at me, and I roll my eyes at her in return. I turn back around to face Jack and Jared and find that they are both staring at me intently.

"What?" I ask innocently.

"That's like the fourth time you've looked at them today," Jack points out. I just shrug my shoulders and go back to eating my lunch.

After a few minutes of listening to Jack and Jared go on about cars and other stuff that I really couldn't care less about, one of the lunch aids that watches the students in the cafeteria comes over to our table with a confused look on her face. She stops next to Jared and asks, "Umm, what happened to you, hon?"

Jared just sighs and mutters, "Revenge..."

She just nods her head, still very clearly confused, and says, "Well why don't you go to your dorm room and grab a new shirt, okay?"

Jared just shakes his head and says, "Nah, I'm good," and continues his conversation with Jack.

The aid looks over to me, and I just give her a small smile. She just shakes her head, as if to say, I tried... and then just walks away. I look at Jared again and giggle at how ridiculously stupid he looks. His previously white shirt is now practically pink because of the red drink. And the fact that he won't change...

"They're looking at you," Jack says.

"What?"

"They're looking at you, Sophia Grace," he says again.

I turn around, and sure enough, they're all looking at me. All five of them. Piper gives me a tiny smile, almost apologetic. I give her a tiny one back. My eyes move over to Alice, who is just staring. I look to Brendan, and when we make eye contact, he looks down at his food. My eyes shift to Nathan next, who looks at me, then Lexi, then he says something to Brendan, who nods his head in agreement. Finally, I look to Lexi, who just shakes her head. I raise my eyebrows at her, and she just makes a face. I whip back around to face Jack and Jared and shout, "What the hell is her problem!"

Their heads whip around to look at me, and their eyes go wide, clearly surprised by my outburst. "What do you mean?" Jack asks slowly.

"Why does she hate me so much! What did I ever do to her?"

"Wait, what? You don't know?" Jared asks me.

"No, clearly I don't!"

Jared pauses for a moment. "Do you want to tell her, or should I?" he asks Jack.

Jack just shrugs and says, "We used to date."

I swear, if I had anything in my mouth, I would have spat it all over the table. "What?" I gasp/shout.

"Yeah," he says like it's no big deal. "We dated for a while, but it didn't work out, and now she hates my guts. And so do the rest of her people."

I stare at him, open mouthed. He raises his eyebrows. I scoff and say, "Well it's no wonder she hates me! I mean, it's unfair because I literally did nothing, but it makes sense!"

"Oookay?" Jack says.

I turn to Jared and say, "You didn't think I should know about this?"

"Didn't think it was a big deal," he responds.

"That's because it's not," Jack agrees.

I roll my eyes and groan. "Why did you think that it just wouldn't matter?"

"Because she's my ex. And I mean, it's not like we're dating," Jack says.

Ouch. "I know that, but she doesn't," I say before he can register how hard his words hit me.

"Then just explain it to her," he says simply.

I groan loudly and just give up. I don't have the energy to continue this argument. He seriously doesn't get it, and I don't think he ever will, no matter how long I sit here an try to explain it to him.

******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Hey guys!!! Sooooo how have ya been? I know it's been forever since I updated, and I'm really sorry, but I've been feeling uninspired and also haven't had time.

I'm running into a lot of problems with this story. It's straying from the path I had originally set it on, and I'm not sure how to continue. I've come up with a few different ways to solve this problem, but I really don't like any of the solutions. I'm not sure what to do... I feel like by doing some certain things I'd be destroying the story, which I would hate to do. I'm just really lost right now.

Anyway, thank you to all of my readers out there, I really appreciate that you read my story. It means the world to me. Now, I've gotta go work on the next chapter!!! ;)