You Know This Song

Marinette

"I'll be fine. I've already dealt with him once. You trust me don't you?" I turned my head to Chat Noir.

"Always." He replied before heading off. I turned back to my nightmare.

    I gritted my teeth and spun my yo-yo, waiting for Chat Blanc to make a move. He furrowed his brows and frowned at me.

    "C'mon Ladybug, I don't want to fight, I just want us to be together." His words made me cringe. I took a moment to calm myself. Maybe he's right. Fighting won't fix this. But distracting him will.

     "You're right." I said as I dropped my boomerang and yo-yo to the ground. Chat Blanc's face lit up as he stepped forward and crawled around me like a cat with his mouse. I glanced behind me to look for Chat Noir when I suddenly felt Chat Blanc rubbing against my legs. I began to sweat nervously.

     He looked up at me with his piercing blue eyes. I wasn't sure what to do so I just ran my hands through his white hair. He began to pur as he wrapped his arms around my legs. I lost my balance and fell backward onto the ground.

      "Woah!--"

        I rubbed my back for a moment as I sat back up. When I opened my eyes I saw him back on his feet reaching for my hand. I hesitantly put my hand into his. 

       He held my hand tightly and pulled me upward, putting his other hand around my back.

       "What are you....?" Feeling his hand snaked around my body made me shiver.  I swallowed, unsure what to do.

       Suddenly he pulled me even closer, squeezing us together. We fit like a puzzle piece, which I already knew. We stayed there for a moment before he began to hum.

         The tune sounded familiar. He hummed it slow, his feet beginning to sway side to side. My feet followed him. I felt frozen.

      "You know this song. Don't you?" He whispered mid humming.

       Suddenly it clicked. I sucked in a breath of air. It was the song I danced to with Adrien. Adrien.

        I thought back on how many times Adrien had hurt me. How many times he had chosen Kagami over me. How many nights I had spent with Chat Noir because I had hurt him in the same way Adrien hurt me. 

      I let out a whimper.