Goodbye? - Part2

“Hindi ko kaya…” Sarah hugged Matteo and they both cried. “I’m sorry Hon… I’m sorry if I cannot accept your proposal the first time and I’m sorry for rejecting it again today. I love you and hindi ko kaya na mawala ka” she’s still crying and Matteo is trying his best to understand her. Gusto niyang intindihin si Sarah but jealousy is over powering his mind and his heart. Living in together is not the life he wanted for the two of them but it’s the closest she could give specially na may 3 years contract pa sya na pinirmahan.

Flashback

Matteo calling…

“Hi Hon, are you free tonight?”

“Yes, what do you have in mind?” Sarah answered on the other line.

“I’ll pick you up at around 7pm, I’m thinking of dinner then let’s watch a movie after.”

“Okay Hon, I’ll see you! I love you.”

They ended the call. It’s Sarah and Matteo’s 1st month anniversary. Little does Sarah know that Matteo is planning a big surprise, he picked her up on their house and decided to eat dinner at a restaurant in Greenbelt. Matteo made sure that it will look like just a casual dinner, no trace that will make Sarah suspect that he is hiding something from her.

At Greenbelt

“Hon I have two tickets for a special screening ng isang indie film, if you don’t mind, we can use the tickets”

“Sure, I don’t mind watching it Hon.”

As soon as they entered the cinema, nagulat si Sarah dahil sila lang ang tao sa loob.

“Hindi pa ata start, are you sure that this is the correct venue.

“Yes Hon, halika pili tayo ng upuan”

Sarah just nods at Matteo, as soon as they were able to find their seats, the lights dimmed and a video started playing.

“Oh my God… what is this Hon….” Sarah was teary eyed while watching the video.

(A Video compilation of Matteo and Sarah’s childhood pictures….. pictures while they were on their teens, and photos of them together….Background music: Marry your Daughter....then a cam shot of Daddy Delfin with Mommy Divine… actual footage of how Matteo asked Sarah’s parents about his plan of proposing to their daughter.)

Background music started to fade and Matteo went down on his knees holding a small box with a ring on it….”Sarah, my princess…Hon…I love you. I know that we’ve only been together for 1 month but ever since Paris my heart only beats for you Sarah. I want to spend every second, every minute; every hour and a lifetime with you my princess…God knows how much I’ve waited for this day… Sarah, will you marry me?”

Sarah started crying… yumuko siya to embrace Matteo. “If I will follow my heart it will be a yes…but I’m afraid that I might not be able to accept your proposal for now. Im sorry Hon…” she then started crying and Matteo sat beside her.

“I understand…” Matteo answered.

“No Matt… you don’t understand… I love you and kung susundin ko lang ang puso ko OO ang isasagot ko sa iyo, I would love to be your wife and have kids with you… only you. Pero, I still have a 3 year contract, I’m not allowed to have kids and get married. I don’t want to be selfish Hon… kung hindi ka makaaantay, I will understand.”

“I’ll wait for you Sarah… I promise I will wait for you”

End of flashback

He nods at her, “Okay… okay… tahan na. Hindi na kita mamadaliin, I’m sorry kung nabanggit ko ulit. I just don’t want people to think na hanggang live in lang tayo. I’m sorry again Sarah, I love you”.

Alam ni Sarah na masyado niyang nasasaktan si Matteo, she’s feeling guilty at same time pressured. “I’ll do everything to make you happy Matt, kahit sa ibang bagay makabawi man lang ako.” sabi ni Sarah sa sarili.

He on the other hand is also feeling guilty, “I don’t want to see you crying my princess, I will try to distant myself until you finish shooting the film. I don’t know if I can bear seeing you with him, it’s killing me. I don’t want to be a burden to you.” Matteo said to himself.