Doretha

Mortification is not what I expected to be my cause of death, but it seems to be so. As Caine lowers me onto the bed in a towel, I don't know where to look. Not only has he seen me naked, he's seen me covered in my own period blood, he's cleaned it off my skin.

I groan and push a pillow into my face, the agony of my periods subsiding to my embarrassment. There's a low chuckle from Caine as he pulls the pillow out of my arms.

"Dot, stop it, you don't need to be embarrassed."

I whimper and flush, hiding my face in my hands. "I'm so sorry." I whisper, hating myself.

Caine sighs and pulls me into his lap gently, even that motion causes flaming pain in my stomach. At my whimper of pain, he frowns and presses a kiss to my forehead.

"I'm going to go and make that hot water bottle now, ok baby?" I nod as I collapse onto the bed, words still beyond me both from embarrassment and from pain.

Caine chuckles slightly and pulls me back up and into his arms. "What do you need the baby?" He questions as he moves around the room, I point to my drawers and he carried me over to it- I reached in and grabbed a pair of comfy underwear.

Caine carries me back into the bathroom, still wrapped in the towel, and places me on the toilet. He turns to leave but I call out. "Wait what about clothes?"

"I'll have some waiting by the door." With that, Caine kisses my head again and walks from the room.

It took me about five minutes to finish in the bathroom, I open the door and peek only my head around the wood, scanning for Caine and my clothes. There is a small folded pile by the door and I bend down to pick them up.

To my surprise, they're all Caine's clothes. His sweatpants, a T-shirt of his and a massive hoody. Excitedly, I pull them on and marvel in the engulfment of Caine's cologne that surrounds me. I stumble back into bed and curl into a detail position on the bed, my cramps have always been debilitating but my mother said it was my punishment so I have to live with them.

The door opens and Caine walks in with a hot water bottle, painkillers and a glass of water as well as some chocolate I didn't realise I had.

"You ok Dot?" He asks me softly and I nod, holding my hand out for the bottle. When Caine takes my hand instead I reach against for the bottle.

"Oh right." He teased. "My mistake, I thought you wanted me."

"Nah, I want the heat."

Caine places the bottle over my cramping stomach before handing me the painkillers and the glass of water. I gulp down the tablets eagerly but cough and splutter afterwards, Caine rubs my back soothingly. I can't help it, I'm so surprised with his care.

"Come on then."

I look over at Caine, puzzled and he lifts my covers up in explanation. Realising what he wants, I shuffle over to make room for Caine. He takes off his cut before climbing in beside me.

"Don't you have stuff to do today?" I ask as Caine pulls me into his body, carefully readjusting the bottle to stay on the place it hurts.

"I did, but I've moved it all until tomorrow."

"Caine! You shouldn't have, I'll be fine."

"And while you may have been fine, I'd rather know you were fine and that I could look after you."

"Oh." I feel myself blushing despite the intrusive pain and snuggled closer towards Caine. His hand is gently stroking patterns over my back that are soothing and sleep inducing.

"Did you sleep well last night." He questions as his free hand plays with the edge of the blanket.

"Well... not really but not because of nightmares."

"Cramps?"

I nod bashfully before closing my eyes and enjoying the steady rise and fall of his chest.

In the distance, I can vaguely hear Caine saying something, but I'm too close to sleep to register what he's saying. I didn't sleep well last night, and now I'm curled up without excruciating cramps, warm and in the arms of Caine. Sleep is calling for me.

I wake to something stroking my cheek and I groan as it tickles. Cracking my eye open slightly, I find Caine's hand there, his eyes are closer like he's dozing so I lay my head back down and close my eyes again.

"You slept well then baby." He mumbles without opening his eyes, his hand starts to rub my lower back again and a low moan escapes me as his ministrations dissipate the tension there.

I nod my head in agreement, it was the best I've ever slept in my life.

"That blanket must have helped then." Caine wonders out loud.

"I don't think it was the blanket." I quietly whisper into his chest, too quietly for him to hear, but loud enough for me to realise I've acknowledged it.

Caine's hand sneaks it's way under my chin and he turns my face upwards. My eyes open groggily and I find Caine looking down at me, breathing heavily. I follow his gaze and realise he is looking intently at my lips.

"Caine?" I begin, but before I can question what's wrong, his lips have descended down to meet mine.

At first I jolt in surprise, until the feeling of Caine moving against me becomes overwhelming. I meet into the kids and as soon as I feel his tongue probing for entrance, I grant it greedily. His tongue sweeps in with confident, domineering strokes and I can only whimper in delight.

Carefully, he flips me over onto my back, with him hovering above me. Our kiss still unbroken. Gasping, I pull away and pant for breath. Caine doesn't seem fazed by the lack of oxygen. He barely takes a breath before he's attacking my neck with claiming sucks and nibbles.

Finally, he pulls away and looks up at me with a dark, depraved look in his eyes. I smile and throw my head back against the pillow in disbelief.  

Caine moves slightly up my body so his hands have caged around my head and his face bends down close to mine. I expect him to kiss me again, but he pauses just before so his nose his touching mine.

"You have no idea how long I've wanted to do that." His voice is hoarse and strained, gravelled with desire.

"How long?" I challenge playfully and then giggle in delight as Caine's hands find mine and my arms are pinned above my head.

"From the moment I saw you."

That surprised me no end, I wasn't especially warm to anyone when I first arrived and I haven't thawed that much in the two years I've been here.

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Even when I was cold and rude to you?"

Caine dips his lips down into my neck and he traces kisses along my clavicle and over my collarbone.

"Especially then." He growls against my skin. "Go on a date with me." He states, I think it was meant to come out as a question, he just missed that intonation slightly.

"Ok." I breathe back before Caine's arms wrap around my body and hold me close to his chest.