Doretha

"You ok Chris?" I check for what must be the eighteenth time since leaving the taxi, I just have to know that I'm not doing anything.

Chris and I are sitting side by side on the end of the bed, my hand still gripped in his. He nods in answer to my question before a huge yawn swamps his face, once it ends he looks over at me with tired eyes.

"Sleepy, mummy." He rubs at his eyes slightly to emphasise the point, my heart is thudding in my chest. He wants me to take care of him, to really be his mum.

Smiling at him, I pull him into my side for a hug and he burrows down in my hoody like he has done a few times.

"Let's wait for Maddy and Caine, then we can order some food."

"Any food?" He asks looking at me with wide eyes filled with delight. I nod before standing and fetching the room service menu for emphasis.

"Any food." He takes the menu with hands trembling with excitement and I watch his hungry eyes devouring the words as if they are the very food they are describing.

I leave my boy gazing at the menu as I can hear my Caine struggling to open the door with Maddy in his arms. He's talking to her softly but I can't quite make out what he's saying to her. I can tell it's sweet.

Opening the door, I'm met with Caine's smile.

"Hey baby." I say with a smile, he guiltily looks up at me from talking to Maddy.

"Hello Dot baby, Maddy's a bit sleepy."

He's gently rocking her tiny form in his eyes and I can feel my ovaries throb at the image of my gorgeous biker holding the droopy eyed girl in his arms.

Leaning down, Caine places a soft kiss to the crown of my head before stepping over the threshold and into our hotel room. I find Chris biting his nails anxiously as the menu sits to the side of him, he looks nervous and tense.

"Maddy!" Chris exclaims and the light renters his blue eyes as he sees Maddy appear in the room.

"Tiffa." She squeals despite her sleepy demeanour, she bounces excitedly in Caine's arms, her little hands grab into the room and Chris stands from the bed with his arms outstretched.

Caine kneels down slowly and opens his arms so Maddy can toddle towards Chris. As soon as the space in Caine's arms is vacated I move into them. He wraps his arms around my waist, his chin resting on my head.

"You ok baby?" He murmurs into my ear before pressing tickling kisses to the shell of it.

I arch into the caress humming slightly before nodding. We both turn our heads and watch as Chris helps Maddy onto the bed before settling down beside her.

She lays her head on his lap and begins to doze off.

"I'm amazing baby, everything is perfect."

"It really is." He agrees before I turn around and wrap my arms around his neck.

"I love you Caine."

Playfully, he leans over me slightly causing me to arch my back until I'm practically clinging to him like a koala.

"I love you, my Doretha."

Cautiously, I look over my shoulder and see Chris and Maddy napping up on the bed. Smiling at him I pull out of his arms and wander over to the bed finding the blanket and pulling it over their slumbering forms.

Maddy is snuffling lightly in her sleep and sucking her thumb. Chris has his arm thrown protectively over her and I can tell he's not sleeping anywhere nearly as deeply as he should be. He's tense in his sleep, clearly he feels vulnerable. I hope as soon as we take him away from this god awful city he will feel safer and more comfortable in himself and his home.

A few hours pass as my babies sleep the stress of the day away, Caine and I lay wrapped in each other's arms on the sofa. We talk and kiss lazily until the growling of our stomachs cause us to giggle quietly before standing from the sofa and fetching the room service menu.

"Burger baby?" Caine asks with a gleam in his eye as I practically drool at the list of components in the burger. I really really want that burger.

As if on queue Chris stirs with a sleepy yawn before awakening Maddy with a gentle shake to her shoulder and a kind word in her ear. Maddy startles awake and for just a second I watch terror cross over her eyes and pain pangs in my chest.

"It's ok Mads." He whispers in her ear and she relaxes into his hug.

"Hey Chris," I say softly before walking over to the two of them and sitting in front of them. Anxiously I hold my arms open for them should they want some comfort.

I'm surprised as both Chris and Maddy launch into my arms and hide under my neck. My hands move around them in an embrace, after a few moments I expect them to pull away.

Instead I feel strong arms wrap around my body from behind, enveloping my entire little family in one movement.

Maddy looks up at me with big blinking brown eyes, slightly laced with the promise of tears.

"You mummy?" She mumbles to more herself than me but I know she needs reassurance.

"Yes Maddy. You're safe now, you have a family."

She gives me a crooked smile before pressing her face back into my neck. After a few moments I feel her pull back away from the hug once again, this time her brown eyes are not looking at me but Caine instead.

"And you're daddy?" She whispers, puzzled and eyebrows furrowing.

Caine tenses around me but I turn my neck slightly to look at him, his eyes meet mine and whilst I see panic in his eyes I also see certainty.

I give him a subtle nod to my head, I know what I'm giving him permission to say. If Caine is Maddy's father by definition and desire he would be Chris' too.

I know there's nothing I want more than for us to be a family, a real family.

Caine looks back down at the blinking Maddy with a soft smile before nodding.

"Yeah Mads, I am."