Chapter 51

Chapter 51

I woke with my cheek against Blake's warm chest. His bare body under the covers was strong and bulky compared to my petite figure against his – and I could not get enough of it. As the events of last night flooded back to my sleepy mind, I nuzzled closer to him. I couldn't believe it. I just woke up with him, in his bed, and we had amazing sex several times last night (including when we finally showered).

A few minutes later, Blake squirmed in his sleep. He gently shifted onto his side, surrounding me in his arms and holding me to his hairy chest. So warm, so comfy... and all mine. Well, all mine at least privately I guess. No matter how beautiful last night was, it didn't change my brutal reality.

Blake eventually whispered under his breath. "You up?"

"Mhmm."

"I am so fucking sore," he said in a groggy voice.

Curled against his chest, I smirked. "Well, we don't have to be as rough next time if you can't handle it."

"I'm sore from falling off a damn horse, remember?"

"Sure, sure, whatever you say."

He leaned up on his arm and slid the comforter down, revealing his hip. Christ, he wasn't kidding! The morning light seeping in from behind the closed blinds allowed me to see an elongated black and blue splotch. It stretched all the way from his hip to his thigh!

"Fuck," I gasped, sitting up on my arm. It was the most massive bruise I had ever seen.

Him also seeing it for the first time made a scoff leave his lips. "Yeah, it hurts. Just means I'm a tough guy that lives dangerously though," he said, glancing up to me.

"Yeah, such a badass, falling off a horse." I sighed, gently resting my fingers against the huge bruise. "You're going to be sore for days."

He pressed his lips to my cheek and whispered against my skin. "It won't slow me down any. Want me to prove it to you?" Then, I felt his fingers slide up and down my thigh.

Chest fluttering in love and excitement, I dramatically grabbed the covers, threw them back over us, grabbed him and pulled him over me. We chuckled against each other's lips when I started kissing him. Wrapping my bare body against his, I nipped his bottom lip, his hairy chin, his neck, and then his nose with a snicker. It made him roll us more, getting wrapped and tangled in the covers.

But over our moans, laughs, and kisses... a loud ring reached the air. Lovely. It was my phone. And it immediately struck a chord of fear in me. Sighing, I rolled us onto our sides and strained my arm to the bedside table to snag my phone. Yup. Every right to be scared. It was dad. Each call concerned some type of new drama. Meeting Blake's eyes, I pursed my lips.

"It's going to be okay," he said, grazing his fingers along my side.

I answered, pressing the phone to my ear. "Hey dad."

"Hi hon, I finally, finally have some positive news. Ready for it? I did it. You can head home. August finally answered my calls and we actually had some meaningful dialogue. He claimed if you hold up your end and completely expose everything that happened, he will end his revenge plan against you. I've arranged for you to meet up with him tomorrow."

His tone was proud and boastful. For this being a game changer – basically a life changer – I understood why. Thanks to my dad, all this shit, this drama with August, would finally end. He wouldn't frame me, he wouldn't ruin my life, it would be all over. But my god, all I could feel was my blood turning to ice. This meant I would be telling Blake everything by tomorrow.