Author's Note

Hello my devoted and wonderful readers! Well, we have come to a close on this book. It's always somewhat sad, to finish a book and say goodbye to the characters. For me, these are people that I connect to and get close with; I spend all my free time with them, creating their story. So it's always a bittersweet moment. I just hope I did them justice - and I hope you feel the same.

This was a story that is much different from my others. This moment feels different from when I would finished my other books. I'm going to be completely open and honest: this was not my favorite book. This wasn't as exciting to write and it didn't feel as big of an accomplishment as my others. It just felt quite... plain and boring. I have learned I don't do plain very well haha. I kept adding more drama because I just could not help myself haha. But the point of this book was for it to be quite plain and easy.  This was meant to be a simple and easy story, but one that could still be enjoyed.  And don't get me wrong. I did enjoy writing this and it was fun, but it didn't ignite the same spark as my other work. 

This book was also almost an experiment. I tend to draw things out and write too much detail when it's not needed. So I wanted to cut down detail more, have a faster pace, and shorten lengthy scenes that were unnecessary. I feel I did that job well compared to my other books, but it did feel in a way that it was lacking in ways too. It's something I will continue working on in the future. But that is one of my questions: did you guys feel it still dragged a bit? Did you have to skim at all? Feel bored or that some stuff was just unnecessary in the book? My goal is to always improve, so your feedback on that would be great. Be harsh, be nice, be real with me and blunt, I can take it! :D 

My plan when I wrote this book was for it to be easy. And it was easy to plan and write mostly. I had planned on editing my trilogy while writing this. It did not go well haha. A lot has changed in my life. When I started writing, when I did Island Rush and the Handcuffed books, I didn't have a job. Now, I work at least 45/50 hours a week. This week specifically, I am hitting close to 70. That's why it took longer to write, that's why I can't upload each week like I could before. It's really sad, honestly. Because it takes so long for me to update, I'm not gaining any new followers. That number hasn't grown in years. 

But despite that, and despite my demanding job, I'm not stopping! While writing this entire book, I kept debating what I was going to do afterwards. I even thought about just editing/rewriting the trilogy. I have several ideas written down. None have specifically stuck enough for me to dedicate myself too just yet. 

There is one idea I've been holding onto. It was my first story idea ever. It was the reason I started writing. Island Rush was meant to be practice for this story because it was so complex and huge and I wasn't ready to tackle it. Even my name (JadedViolet) was based from this story idea. For this idea, I have drafts, overviews, and everything done. I looked back at it recently and there was a lot I didn't like. I came up with it when I was 15.  I would honestly scrap most of it aside from the foundation. But in my option, the foundation is amazing. So there was a lot of potential.  It would be fantasy/supernatural/romance/drama. There would be some world building and some complexity that I've honestly missed. To be more specific, it would have angels, demons, witches, a whole religious system I've built, but take place in our world and in a way that is somewhat realistic. It would likely be the start of a series of books.

Considering though that it took two years to write The Landlord, a simple romance, I don't know if I should tackle this quite yet. I work a ton and won't be able to update as frequently as I want. And for a concept and story that would be opening up an entire world... I'm not sure if that's the right move. I hate leaving people hanging and waiting for updates. So I'm also considering just making it one book and expanding later on it. 

If I don't do this idea, I would likely pick between two other ideas. One would be a dystopia which I like, but I would need to add more substance for me to grab onto it. It would take place after WW3 where the world needs to be repopulated and reproducing becomes a woman's number one job. It's just the bare bones because you guys know that anything I do, it will be realistic and in-depth. Regardless of what story I do, I will continue writing no matter what, even though I work a ton. You can count on that at least! 

But I would love LOVE your feedback and opinions. Regarding the Landlord, I am quite interested in your view of this book. Best/favorite parts? Did you like it still despite it having a more simple storyline compared to my other work? I figure I'll also mention in every book of mine, there is either some hint or nod to my other work. This time in The Landlord, there was actually a cameo at some point in this book. Did anyone catch it? :P 

Also, I wanted to ask your overall suggestions on what you think I should do. I'm not asking for story ideas (I would never take any because they would not be mine). But I'm curious what would be the most exciting for you guys! Should I finally tackle the fantasy/supernatural/romance? It would be very complex and may be frustrating to read if it takes a while. Or should I do a smaller concept, but something still exciting like the dystopia/drama/romance? I have other ideas, but those stood out.  

Whatever I pick, I like to build it up and plan it before starting it, so it may be a while until I start the next story. Just please PLEASE know I am going to do it. Hopefully I will have it started in a month or maybe two. Whatever I pick though, it's going to be exciting for me, so I hope it will be for you to!

Lastly, I want to thank you guys for sticking with me. I know it's not the same when I don't update all the time. It becomes harder to dedicate yourself to a story that takes so long to finish. So I just want to say thank you all so much for reading this, taking time our of your day for my work, and for supporting me too! My life is crazy, I have so much going on, but writing remains my world and only constant. Thank you so much for being part of that with me!