30-Cap

It was the day Steve had to put the stones back, we stood around Steve's case of the stones. "Remember...you have to return the stones to the exact moment you got 'em, or you're gonna open up a bunch of nasty, alternative realities." Bruce told Steve.

"Don't worry, Bruce. Clip all the branches." Steve assured. "You know, I tried. When I had the gauntlet, the stones, I really tried to bring her back. I miss her." Bruce explained. "We all do, buddy. I'm so sorry." I told him.

I walked over to Bucky and he put an arm around me.
"You know if you want, I could come with you." Sam smiled. "You're a good man, Sam. This one's on me, though." Steve sighed. Steve came over to us. "Don't do anything stupid until I get back." Steve smiled.

"How can i? You're taking all the stupid with you." Bucky chuckled. I walked over to Sam, I didn't wanna butcher their moment. Bucky hugged Steve and they spoke for a few seconds and then came over to us.

"I'll see you in a few seconds, Zanna." Steve smiled. He hugged me. "Now, no messing around, Cap. Put the stones back and then come straight back, please." I begged. "I love you, kid." He told me, as a tear streamed down his face.

"I love you, more." I smiled as I hugged him. "Don't make it official with Queens, until I'm back." Steve smirked. "Shut up." I chuckled. He got onto the machine. "How long is this gonna take?" Sam asked.

"For him, as long as he needs. For us five seconds." Bruce shrugged. "You ready, Rogers?" I asked, Cap nodded."All right, we'll meet you back here. All right?" Bruce asked. "You bet." Steve nodded.

"Going quantum in three...two...one." Bruce counted And with that, he was gone "and returning in five
...four...three,two...one..." Banner repeated, but he didn't come back. "Where is he?" Wilson asked. "Where's Rogers?" I asked.

"I don't know, he blew right past his time stamp. He should be here." Bruce explained. "Get him back, then." I told him. "I'm trying." Bruce defended . "Get him the hell back!" Sam yelled. "Hey, I said I'm trying." Bruce yelled. "Rosa, Sam." Bucky called. Me and Sam walked over to him. We looked out to the lake, see a man with grey hair sat on a bench.

"Go ahead, guys." Bucky nodded. Sam looked at me and nodded, we went over. "Cap?" Sam asked. "Rogers? Is that you?" I widened my eyes. "Hi, Sam. Hi, Zanna." Steve smiled. "So did something go wrong or did something go right?" Sam asked.

"Well, after I put the stones back, I thought, maybe I'll try some of that life Tony was telling me to get." Steve responded. "How'd that work out for ya?" I asked. "It was beautiful." Steve nodded. "Good. I'm happy for you. Truly." Sam sighed.

"Thank you." Steve smiled. "Only thing bumming me out is the fact I have to live in a world without Captain America." Sam sighed. "Oh. That reminds me." Steve said as he opened a bag to reveal his shield. "Try it on." Steve
nodded.

Sam looked at me confused, I looked back and nodded. Sam tried the shield on. "How does it feel?" Steve asked. "Like it's someone else's." Sam told him. Steve sighed "It isn't." Sam sighed, a tear streamed down his face "Thank you. I'll do my best."

Steve shook his hand "That's why it's yours." "You wanna tell me about her?" Sam asked. "No. No, I don't think I will." Steve looked into the distance. Steve tapped the bench indicating me to sit down, I did.

"Why would you do that?" I asked. "I had to do this, Rose." He sighed. "But, you—you left Bucky." I stuttered. "The only person Bucky needs is you, he doesn't need me. I'm sorry." He apologised. "I'll really miss you, Rogers." I said as I hugged him. "I'll miss you more." He smiled.