Chapter 2

Percy's POV

I woke up in a cell. A f*cking cell.

What was going on? Wasn't I meant to be in the underworld?

Maybe this was the underworld. Maybe this was just a section of the fields of punishment. After all, I had done enough in my life to get me there.

I winced as the memories and images of Annabeth, Nico and Nicolas came rushing back and tears pricked my eyes.

But... I musn't focus on that. I had to find a way out of here. I guess I had to start with the walls. I reached out a hand for the wall, which appeared to be made of cold stone. But my hand sunk right into it and out of sight.

Oh.

Ok?

My arm felt completely normal, so I pushed it in further. The tips of my fingers escaped the wall and felt fresh air. Gods, it was a thick wall.

But why put it there if you could just walk through it? The design of the room definitely resembled a cell, and cells were for keeping people in, not giving them an easy way out.

I guess I had nothing to lose.

I held my breath and plunged into the wall.

It felt like I was surrounded by cold custard for a second, then I emerged warm and dry on the other side.

I looked around. I was in a huge, cathedral-like room, with a high ceiling and stained glass windows. But there were no pews. It didn't seem to be a church.

In the middle of the room was a figure I hadn't noticed before. It was wearing a long cloak and hood, and had its back towards me.

"Err, hello?" I asked tentitavely.

The figure turned. The hood covered its eyes and nose, but from what I could see of the mouth, it was a woman. She smiled gently, pulling back her hood.

"Hello, Percy Jackson. Pleased you could join us."

Damn, she was hot.

She had Blonde hair, but somehow that didn't remind me of Annabeth. Her hair was darker, and had more streaks. But her eyes stood out most of all. They were a rich, deep hazel, and her irises seemed bigger than usual. It suited her.

I replied, "I don't want that name anymore."

It was true. Everything to do with my name reminded me of the shame of what I had done, and the pain I had been through because of my own stupidity.

"My name is Themis, and I am the primordial of life. I have a very important thing to tell you."

She walked away, beckoning for me to follow her. I did, and she led me through a door and into a small room. In the middle of the room was an ordinary looking, large square table. It had four, straight-backed wooden chairs around it. At the head of the table, however, was a huge golden throne, incrusted with dark jewels that glistened like teardrops of oil.

Themis indicated that i should take a seat. I sat in the chair she pointed to.

Just then, the door opened behind Themis and three men entered. The didn't even look at me, but all took a seat. The golden throne remained empty.

"Is this him?" one of them asked gruffly. He was a thick-set man with startling, dark blue eyes the colour of midnight.

"Yes, I am sure of it." replied Themis, who was still standing behind me.

Apparently, I was sitting in her chair.

Many of the new entries narrowed their eyes at me as though testing to see if I was an illusion.