Chapter 14

VERY IMPORTANT A/N AT THE END, PLEASE READ!

Percy's POV

Ok, I was officially over her.

In fact, I was so frustrated with Lexi sometimes that I wanted to tear my hair out. But now was the time for battle plan, concentration and focus. Over the next few days, I emerged from my room and carried on with my regular duties, as well as helping Luke with all the work he'd been doing.

When I'd found out how much effort he'd been putting into keeping us all together, I was thoroughly shocked. After what'd happened to Chloe, I'd expected Luke to mope even more than me. After all, she had died. Me and Lexi had just had a falling out.

So, everything seemed to return to normal, apart from the fact that me and Lexi were skirting each other widely and that Nico was still depressed.

I decided, (with enthusiastic and urgent encouragement from Luke) that I'd go and talk to him. We couldn't win this ridiculous war without him.

I knocked on his door softly but, naturally, got no reply. This was what I'd been expecting, but I pushed open the door anyway and saw Nico laying on his bed.

He looked even skinnier than usual, and his eyes seemed almost darker.

"Hey Neeks." I said quietly, sitting down on the bed next to him.

"Don't call me that." His voice was raspy and it sounded like he hadn't spoken in days.

"Why?" I asked in surprise.

"He calls me that."

"Oh."

I sat on Nico's bed in silence for a while before he broke it.

"Why are you here Perce?" he said, in a monotone voice. "You can't persuade me to move."

"I did, you know. You probably didn't even notice I was as depressed as you because you were too busy being depressed."

"How did you do it?" Nico said quickly, sitting up a little.

"The truth is, I dealt with it. You either need to realize you love Will and fight for him, or realize you never have and get over it." I said, remembering how I'd felt over the last few days.

"Which one did you get?"

"Unfortunately, the second."

"I'm sorry."

"S'Ok."

"I think... Perce, I think I really love him."

I looked at Nico. He had sat up completely, and was looking like he's just had the biggest revelation, his eyes had a light and he was flushed.

Looking at his hopeful face, I felt my heart sink. What would've happened if I'd felt like that?

But never mind.

I pulled Nico to his feet and shoved him out the door and he turned to me, beaming.

"Thanks Percy."

He ran off down the corridor and left me to my own, confused thoughts.

With nothing much else to do, I followed.

***

We ran out into the sunlight, our hands leaping up to shield our faces from the glare. It was so bright today that I couldn't look up at the sky.

I felt the heat beat against my exposed hands, and I was thankful for my hood. Campers all around were fanning their faces and sitting in the shade, which was odd. Usually campers battled on through all weathers, not that we had much variation with our magical raincoat.