Chapter 10

Luke's POV

All I could feel was shock. I had only met Chloe once properly, not counting all the little talks we had, so why did it have to be her?

I decided I needed some air, so I strode into the woods to climb a tree. I had always liked climbing trees and I know that's weird, but it's true.

When I reached the top, I sat on a strong branch and looked over my home. I saw the barbed wire of the Ares cabin, the decaying slate of the Hermes cabin and... the rose covered roof of the Aphrodite cabin.

As I stared around, I heard cries from the ground. Not urgent, but curious. I caught a glimpse of a pair of sea green wings and a long black staff before they walked under the cover of the trees in front of me. As they got closer, I heard what they were saying.

"Alpha! Alpha, where are you!"

I switched to invisible mode and didn't move.

Percy's POV

"Alpha!"

I knew that Nico and I couldn't risk calling Luke's real name through the forest, but I couldn't find him anywhere. He wasn't in the infirmary when I went back there for them, and he wasn't in the Chaos cabin either.

I had seen the way he looked at that Aphrodite girl, Chloe. She'd obviously had a huge effect on him, and though they had only met once I could understand why.

When you meet someone like that, sometimes you just know. Both of you.

The only reason I knew this was because Nico had told me how it had felt when he saw Will at the end of the war with Gaia. He told me he had seen him fighting, arguing, standing strong, and he had felt something. He told me Will had felt it too.

I had never felt anything like that in my whole life. Not even with Annabeth. Sure, I had loved her, more than anything in the world. But I guess there was always that part of me that was never quite sure. The part that went 'is she right for you?' 'Is she the one?' . I had always answered myself with 'yes', because I loved her.

But when I saw Nico and Will together, or Luke staring at that girl's body, I knew they had felt it.

And I hadn't.

So Luke was broken hearted, I was loveless, Adalind had a broken wing and Lexi was scared of her own powers. It looked like the only happy Chaos warrior was...

-3 days later-

Nico's POV

I loved it here. I loved the fact that I had only been dead for a week before I came back. I loved seeing Luke again, and meeting Lexi and Adalind. I loved that Percy brought me back, showing he cared for me. And I loved the fact that Will was here.