Chapter 9: The Full-Story

When she told him that she was ready to hear him out, that she was willing to, he relaxed a little again. For the entire twenty minutes that she had been gone, not only had he been stressing about her safety, but he had also been stressing about how she would react to the news. the thought of her not wanting to talk to him anymore because he was a Wizard was not exactly a pleasant one.
Now he was unsure where to begin. To him, magic was the most normal thing in the world, but he knew that to her everything may be rather shocking and confusing.
"Okay," he started and took a deep breath. "I'm not quite sure where to begin but I will try, okay?" She nodded, so he continued. "I could start with my family. We're all Wizards and Witches. We're actually a Pure-blood family."
"What does 'Pure-blood' mean?" she asked him, already confused.
"If your bloodline only exists out of Wizards and Witches, you're a Pure-blood. If one of your parents is a Muggle or if their grandparents were Muggles, you're a Half-blood. If both of your parents are Muggles you're Muggle-born," he explained. She nodded, now sort of getting a better understanding of what he meant.
"How does someone become a Wizard or a Witch?" she asked.
"Well, an ancestor has to be a Wizard or a Witch. So if you're Muggle-born, somewhere in your family tree there must have been a Wizard," he explained. She nodded again.
"But as I said, my family is Pure-blood. However, many Pure-blood Wizards feel superior. That is not how we were raised. Someone's blood status doesn't determine how powerful they can be. We were taught not to judge someone based on it," he told her. "My father works for the Ministry of Magic-"
"Is it really called the 'Ministry of Magic'?" she questioned. He nodded and frowned a little. She chuckled and shook her head. "That's- That's just kind of cheesy, you know." He chuckled, happy to see her try to make light of the situation, and shrugged his shoulders.
"I guess so," he laughed. "Anyway, my father works in the Misuse of Muggle Artefacts Office. He's obsessed with Muggles so I'm sure he's going to absolutely love you when you meet him. He will probably bombard you with a ton of questions though." A faint blush appeared on her cheeks when he mentioned her meeting his father, but he did not seem to notice. "My oldest brother, Bill, works for Gringott's. Gringott's is the bank for wizards."
"Why do you have a different bank from us?" she asked. He smiled slightly at the slight frown that appeared on her face.
"Because we have different money," he explained. "You have pounds and pennies, we have Galleons, Sickles and Knuts."
"Nuts?" she asked. He laughed a little and shook his head.
"Knuts. With a K," he said. "I can show you but I don't carry it around when I leave Diagon Alley. I will get to Diagon Alley in a bit. So, Bill, he works for Gringott's. He used to work in Egypt to break curses, which is where we visited him, but then he went back to England. He's married to Fleur now who is part Veela, have you ever heard of Veela?" She shook her head. "Veela are semi-humanbeings. They are women who are very beautiful but when angry their exterior changes. I hope to Merlin that Bill never makes Fleur angry in my presence."
She was a little confused but she knew that she probably would have a hard time understanding everything in one night anyway, so she just let him continue talking.
"Then we have Charlie. So he works in Romania, just not with nature as I said. He erm," George looked over at her, hesitant to tell her this. "With dragons." Her eyes went wide and her lips parted slightly. Dragons. Dragons were real too. Gigantic, dinosaur-like creatures that were always guarding the princess in children's stories and that only one prince or knight could defeat, those type of dragons?
"D-Dragons?" she stuttered. "Dragons like from the books? With big wings and who spit fire?"
"Yes. Those," he said and smiled painfully at her. "But he trains them there. They rarely attack anymore, not because they don't want to but because trained wizards and witches are better at keeping them in place these days. No need to be afraid."
"George, you just told me dragons are real, don't tell me not to be afraid!" she exclaimed and took a deep breath. "Holy cow. I'm in for some mental stories, aren't I?"
"Do you want me to stop talking?" he asked but she shook her head. She was sure that she wanted to keep seeing George so she had to hear it all. She wanted to hear it now. "Okay. Well, it gets less scary. I hope. Probably because Percy's a bore-"
He told her about Percy, who worked for the ministry, Ron who was training to be an Auror, which was basically a Wizard-cop, and about Ginny, who had just graduated from 'Hogwarts' and was looking to join a Quidditch team. His mother was a stay-at-home mom and he talked very, very highly of her. Though he had mentioned her sometimes stern ways, she sounded like a very loving woman.
They used to live in a house that they called 'The Burrow'. He said that they often visited. George said that it was not big, but it was big enough. His family was not the wealthiest but to her, it sounded like they were rich with love, which she considered to be way more important.
All the stories that he told about his family before now made even more sense. Many stories, if not all, included magic so she finally found out about what had truly been going on in his life.