Epilogue

"Oh! Oh, an owl. Will it be for us? Will it be a letter from Fred?" George shouted, pointing at a large owl that soared through the sky. Anna chuckled and shook her head at the enthusiasm of her fiance.
"Not every owl on the planet is a wizard's post-owl," she told him. "But I must admit. It is odd to see an owl in Amsterdam." He nodded, raising an eyebrow.
"Exactly! So what if it is from Fred? What if it's their baby? What if it's the shop? You know we started this new line of fireworks the other week and-"
"And the baby isn't due for another three months. You have to wait a bit longer before you're officially an uncle again-" his eyes lit up as she called him an uncle, "-and Fred can handle the shop. We're in Amsterdam to relax and enjoy the city before our big weekend next week," she giggled, pressing a kiss on his cheek. He nodded and wrapped his arm tighter around her. They were sitting on a bench in Vondelpark, eating a sandwich and letting their feet rest for a moment from their stroll around the city.
Trips to Amsterdam had become their thing ever since their first trip there five years ago. They had gone every year, just for a few days. They came there to relax, to truly enjoy each other, to get away from work and the stress of their usual lives. This time their trip was to come down from all the wedding planning stress.
Their wedding was a week from now and Anna was incredibly excited as was George.
"You're right," he said, looking over the park. "Hey, remember when we went here for the first time around Christmas five years ago? And you were so excited that you almost cried?" She giggled and wrapped an arm around his torso.
"You won't let me forget that I was bawling my eyes out when we were in the queue for the Rijksmuseum," she said, shaking her head. He laughed and pressed a kiss on the top of her head. The weather was much better this time around, it was April after all. But Amsterdam was just as beautiful as their first visit there.
A lot had happened in the past five years. Anna was still working at the National Gallery as an Art Curator. She now had a small art club with three other women and together they made progressive, feminist and political art. She had sold a bunch more of her own paintings as well and was chasing her dreams still.
George was still working at Weasleys' Wizards Wheezes, of course, and the shop was doing better than ever now that his brother Ron had joined the team. They were inventing better products, better ways to deliver products and overall expanding the shop greatly. They had even opened a shop in Hogsmeade.
Together they had travelled a lot already and were planning to see even more of the world. Anna had finally gotten to see Starry Night by Van Gogh at the MoMa in New York a year prior. They got a place together in the outskirts of London a year after getting together. They had their ups and downs like every relationship but they always communicated through it and fought for each other.
Fred and Angelina got married three years ago and a year ago Fabian Weasley was born and Angelina was now pregnant with their second child. Hermione and Ron got married a year ago and Harry and Ginny only a few months after that.
George and Anna had never felt rushed to get married, though George's aunt Muriel would tell him often that he better hurry too as he should not be the last Weasley to get married - as if Charlie, who most likely would stay single and happy forever, was not part of the family.
Nine months ago, however, George had taken Anna to Hyde Park where they sat down in the exact same spot where they had had their first date. They had a picnic and George had seemed incredibly nervous. It soon became clear why. He had prepared a sweet speech before he went down on one knee and showed her a beautiful ring with a rose quartz gem. She had said yes before he had even asked her to marry him.

"So, the dress-"
"I'm not telling you what my dress looks like, George," she interrupted him. He was way too curious about what she was going to wear on the big day.
"Okay but what if it clashes with my suit?" he smirked. She laughed and shook her head.
"George! It won't. It's white. Besides, Fred's checked," she assured him. His eyes grew wide.
"Fred knows what your dress looks like!?" he exclaimed. She chuckled and shushed him, ignoring the people staring at them.
"Yes, he does. But only by accident! He walked in while your mum was working on taking in the waist," she explained. She was going to wear her mother's wedding dress but with a modern twist. Mrs Weasley had helped her alter it to make it perfect and it truly had become perfect.
George huffed. "When will you fit it again? I'll be sure to walk in then," he said.
"No way. I'm not fitting it anymore. We're getting married in a week, George Weasley," she tutted.
"Yes we are," he grinned, kissing her softly. "I can't wait to marry you, Anna Lewis. Anna Lewis-Weasley sounds better, I'd say." She giggled, a blush appearing on her cheeks. After all this time, he could still make her blush like crazy.
"Did you ever think you'd marry the girl who chased you down the street in her pyjamas?" she asked him, intertwining their fingers.
"To be honest? Yes. I was already planning our wedding when I bumped into you and made you drop your coins," he said, smiling.
"You were not!" she laughed.
"I was! Trust me!" he exclaimed. She kissed him softly and then pushed a strand of his beautiful red hair back. She loved George so much. With everything they had gone through the past five years her love only grew daily.
He supported her in her decision to cut her father out of her life entirely, including her half-sister. She supported him when the shop's reputation was in jeopardy due to one minor slip up. He supported her all the way until the end of her therapy and even after that. She supported him in finding more confidence and his true place in this world which he so deserved. He helped her best friend Alisa move from London to Manchester. She helped his youngest sister on her quest to figure out her dreams.
Together they stood by each other and each other's friends and family through thick and thin. They were family. They were George and Anna. Anna and George. Each other's one and only, each other's soulmates.

"Fine," Anna smiled. "I trust you."

-

-

-

<3 gonna miss this fic so much!

I really hope that you have enjoyed reading it! I sure enjoyed writing it!

Thank you so much everyone for reading, voting and leaving comments <3 it means the world to me, truly!

I definitely fell in love with Anna and George and their relationship, no matter how rocky it got near the end.

I've decided not to make a sequel because I honestly like how I rounded it off right now. Sorry! :(

This is it for my lovely Anna and George. Their happily ever after arrived at last <3

If you're interested in reading other fics of mine, I'm working on three right now, a Neville, Ginny and George fic! <3 

All the love!!! x L