24

During the many drama happening around her, Zlatina Petrova made a pro and contra list of what she was supposed to do

During the many drama happening around her, Zlatina Petrova made a pro and contra list of what she was supposed to do. Her plan was it to search for Stefan so that he could be the hero he was and save the situation but since she betrayed Klaus, she did indeed own him something. It was as he said; then, they were even.

"He killed him", Matt continued to whisper shocked, clearly not being involved for too long in the world of vampire and witched. A few meters away, Dana and Chad stayed close to each other, still scared of what would happen if Dana puts down her foot. And then there was the corpse of another student left, one, who's still warm blood distracted Zlatina bitterly.

"He's not dead. Klaus' blood will turn him into a vampire", Elena explained to her human friend, being under pressure herself. "And if Bonnie's successful, he'll live through his transition. Go on, then. Go and fetch your Grimoires and enchantments and what-not. I'll hold on to Elena for safe-keeping." Klaus, who was the one speaking the last words, grabbed the Gilbert girl's arm harshly while the doppelganger exchanged a look with her Bennett friend. They have seemed to found a silent agreement since Bonnie left the gym with Matt, heading towards the exit with fast steps.

"So this is the latest doppelganger. The original one was much prettier", Rebekah spoke up, eying the brunette dangerously. The human girl on the other hand focused on her relative on the bleachers, trying to build up eye contact. It took Zlatina a while to realise she was asked for help but as she did, she sighed. "They all look the same, Beks. But my sister would win the price for the prettiest doppelganger. It's all about the curls." With a smirk on her lips, the Bulgarian referred to her own hair which she touched arrogantly as she walked up to the youngest Petrova.

"Rebekah, take the wolf boy elsewhere, would you?", Niklas asked his sister, his eyes laying on Zlatina who stood by now directly next to him. The blonde original smirked at the Gilbert before she grabbed the arm of the seemingly lifeless Tyler Lockwood and dragged him away. The hybrid leaned down to Elena, grinning amused. "Just ignore her, petty little thing."

"Nik", the older Petrova spoke up, grabbing the other girl's hand to drag her behind her own body. With widened eyes, the newest doppelganger accepted this small offer of protection and hid behind the female vampire, who put her hand on the dirty blonde's chest. "Why don't you let her at least breathe uncontrolled? I could take her place in your arms", the girl continued with a seductive smile an her kissable lips, her eyes starring directly into the Mikaelson's blue ones. The thousand years old chuckled and put his hands on the brunette's waist, standing close enough so his nose would touch her forehead. "Your little games already stopped me from creating an army of hybrids and for your sister's sake, I'd rather stay on my side", he whispered threatening.

Zlatina's smile changed to a big grin as she put her hand up and laid it on his soft cheek. "Ouch, Nik. Aren't I always on your side?" The hybrid smiled, directing the girl's head up by laying his fingers and her chin. "I do hope so", he replied amused before placing a soft kiss on her forehead and sending shivers all through the brunette's body. He was a worthy enemy in their game of two but since the doppelganger and her friends played a role now too, the match field grew. And maybe  it would soon be necessary to protect the king at all costs with the power of the lady.