17

"Where's Rebekah?", Gloria asked Klaus, who drank a beer and sat at the bar with Stefan

"Where's Rebekah?", Gloria asked Klaus, who drank a beer and sat at the bar with Stefan. "She'll be here. I can't just conjure her on demand", the hybrid replied while his eyes wandered around, searching for a certain brunette who he expected to dance with some human boy. But she wasn't there. "And where could Zlatina be?", the Mikaelson now asked, making the Salvatore look around too. He was quite unsure if his friend from 1864 would have taken her chance to leave and to run again like she did the last 500 years, although it surely wasn't necessary. But the Petrova did help Damon and him, just like they wanted to and her sister was free. In conclusion, it didn't seem absurd for Stefan to leave. He had done it too, in her place.

"She left", Gloria answered, thinking wisely about her reply. She wasn't stupid enough to mention Damon, or the questions about Klaus the girl had in mind, still her answer seemed incomplete, so the witch decided to add some more truth. "She seemed to overthink something. Even stopped insulting me." The little chuckle at her last words should quite lift the mood, but it couldn't touch the hybrid as his face darkened. His worry about her actually leaving leaded anger to grew inside him. Would she actually dare to leave after all the time they finally spend together again? Or had he mistaken her actions for her usual game, though he was the only one who could separate her truth and her play perfectly?

Nevertheless Niklaus tried to distract himself by continuing revealing their common past to Stefan, until the very last moment that made both men go different ways. But his anger came back as the Salvatore puzzled things together, and assumed both, the hybrid and his blonde sister to run from someone. "Story time's over", the Mikaelson cut off, which made the younger vampire guess he was right. Just as the 1000 years old faced the bar, overthinking the situation in 1920, when his father nearly caught him, Stefan noticed a familiar face in the crowd. It was his brother who gave him a sign to leave the bar.

"I need another drink. A real one", the younger Salvatore now said to excuse his leaving. As Klaus didn't contradict, he stood up and followed his brother outside.

Klaus destroyed a chair in the empty bar and used its  leg as wooden stake

Klaus destroyed a chair in the empty bar and used its leg as wooden stake. He was ready to kill Damon, who's plan was it to distract the Mikaelson, so that Elena could talk to Stefan. He actually had hoped for Zlatina to be with the hybrid, so that his chances to stay alive would be higher, but the brunette wasn't to be seen. But he wasn't the only man thinking about the Petrova. Just as the dirty blonde had the wooden stake in his hand, he thought about the girl's friendship with the raven haired vampire, who laid hurt on the floor. His death would be useful, after all the Bulgarian spent too much time with him, in the original's opinion.

"You won't be any fun after you're dead", Klaus replied to Damon's earlier statement, saying that he was a funnier company than his sibling. Just as he was about to kill the Salvatore, a wooden stake flew directly into his shoulder, so his arm that held the chair leg was pushed back. In surprise and pain, the hybrid let the wood in his hand fall down. The blue eyed man on the floor continued grunting but sighed in relief, searching for the person who saved him, meanwhile the Mikaelson growled. "What was that, love?", he asked threatening as his eyes found Zlatina, who leaned against the doorframe, her arms crossed while she raised an eyebrow.

"You tell me, love, what the hell was that?", the Petrova replied amused while walking forwards to help her dark haired friend up, who nodded thankful at her. "Look at this, Gloria, I leave and your bar's empty", the Bulgarian commented with a grin, earning an eye roll from the witch who watched the scene. Klaus in the other hand pulled out the stake of his shoulder. Although she took his chance to kill Damon, the Mikaelson was relieved that the girl wasn't actually gone but decided to come back.
Therefore he grinned at her. "Ouch", he spoke, referring to the wound on his arm, which healed in less than seconds. "Don't act like you didn't deserve this, dickhead. Once I'm gone for a while you walk around, killing people", the girl teased amused, walking closer to the dirty blonde to stand directly next to him.

Damon still starred at the brunette, asking himself where she came from. His look didn't stay unnoticed by the 1000 years old, who sped forwards and pressed the Salvatore to the ground again. "You don't have to negotiate your brother's freedom. When I'm done with him, he won't wanna go back."

"Nik", Zlatina said warning, the amused smile not leaving her pretty face. Klaus rolled his blue eyes smirking but let go of the vampire, who groaned in pain but managed to stand up again. As a sign of peace, the dirty blonde turned around and faced the Petrova, widening his arms to show that he won't attack the raven haired another time, the big grin rested on his kissable lips. Once again, the Bulgarian walked towards him, just to punch him against his chest. "You idiot", she muttered, earning a chuckle from the handsome man. "You love me", he teased while the woman kept on walking, to show Damon the way out and protect him. "You wish", she replied, smirking widely and although Nik couldn't see her face anymore, he knew she did so.

"Can't we slow down?", Niklaus asked annoyed as he was dragged along Zlatina, who pulled the man after her by his hand

"Can't we slow down?", Niklaus asked annoyed as he was dragged along Zlatina, who pulled the man after her by his hand. "No we can't you little European goblin. She'll be awake", the Petrova answered convinced. Within a few steps, they reached the big rooms where not only Rebekah's but every other coffin that carried a Mikaelson sibling was hidden. "I say we undagger Kol too. He's no doubt the funniest and I...", the brunette was cut off by a soft finger that touched her pink lips. It was the one of the dirty blonde, who tried to tell her to be quiet with that.

The Bulgarian removed his finger with her hand but didn't let go if his. Instead she intertwined their fingers and turned around to look for a certain female Mikaelson in the big room. As she suspiciously took a step back, she softly bumped into Klaus' chest who still didn't let go of her hand. Both supernatural creatures felt warm and comfortable with this touch, so the younger vampire slowly turned around, her hazel eyes meeting his blue ones. Somehow, the girl forgot breathing as the hybrid's hand let go of hers and was instead placed on her waist.

Zlatina used her free hands to put them on the blonde's chest, so she could notice his fast and excited breathes as his eyes wandered down to her lips. Once again, like every other second, he admired her pure beauty, but now, his fascination was combined with all the beautiful and renegade dark memories they shared together.

Just as he wanted to lean forward, a gasp escaped his mouth as something sharp went through Niklaus' back.

Quickly, he pushed Zlatina away, with such a strength that made her crash into the wall behind her. The Mikaelson didn't want to hurt her, but they stood too close. Their bodies touched and the dirty blonde didn't want the dagger in his back to hurt the brunette, too, after all it was long enough to stab two bodies who stood this close.

Maybe the Petrova was shocked and in pain from her crash now, but as soon as she looked up, a grin found its way to her lips. First of all, because she realised that the man she was just about to kiss only pushed her away to protect her from the dagger in his chest, and secondly because Rebekah Mikaelson stood behind him.

Aggressively the blonde glared at her brother. "Go to hell Nik!"