Part 8

Minecraft set built and designed by @Flourid3 and Me <3

Earlier...

Doc stepped out from the maze of alleyways that littered the city. The dozens of crevices and sectors were a quick and convenient way to get around, allowing the out of place cyborg to move from place to place. He turned into a stairwell, the case slowly winded upwards and out to the top floor of the building. The building was an abandoned apartment complex. All of its interior has probably been burned in a fire that no one bothered to fix because the building was completely charred. The only thing that kept Doc there was the fact that the structure itself was still intact. The cyborg stepped onto the stable wood floor of his base. He had managed to make the top floor(which was one of the only floors in a decent condition) into a decent space. In the center of the room there was a gray leather couch, which he had gotten from one of the many alleys. Doc had no idea why someone would toss a perfectly good couch, but it worked out both of them. In another corner there was a kitchen he had managed to smack together. It didn't have a lot of the normal kitchen things, but it had a mini fridge so that counted. On a table however was all of Doc's tools and resources. Before becoming a Mangled Villain, Doc had been very much into robotics. So ending up as a cyborg was pretty covenant. The table was covered with metal pieces, tools, and other various parts. Not enough to construct an entire body part, but enough to build a few small bombs. Doc looked back to the door, his robotic hand twisting the knob and locking the door in place.

"Nice to see you came home Doccy," a voice said. Doc's eyes widened in shock at the sudden voice. The cyborg took a step forward, turning to see where this new comer was. There in the broken window, was a face, or well...half a face, for the left side of it was covered by a stained dog skull. The figure stepped down, the shadows letting go of its grip on the man. Doc scowled.

"What do you want, Canem." Doc stared at the man in shock. The man, no, the Villain standing before him was Canem Messorm(Meaning Dog Reaper). His old partner smiled back at Doc,

"Aww come on dude, no need for titles. Just Ren my dude." Ren...no, Canem said as he stepped deeper in the room. Doc's metal hand began to twitch. Canem's grin grew as he noticed Doc's annoyed state. "I haven't seen you in a while, especially since you left me to die what about... 2 years ago?" He paused, looking at Doc with cold dead eyes. "I can see you aren't doing so well." Doc's eye narrowed.

"Nice to see you're still stealing my style." Doc said in a joking tone, his human hand gesturing to his torn robotic half face. Canem stopped for a second, before flicking the end of the decaying dog skull that sat on his face.

"I pull it off better." Canem said, his voice becoming quite cocky. "I'm surprised you're not alarmed to see me alive." Canem's smile faded.

"You were crushed by tons of rock and concrete, it takes a lot more than that to kill you." Doc said, the memory of watching his partner, his best friend being crushed due to a failed job. This thing in front of him, was not that partner.

"True, but due to the object we were paid to retrieve, I've become stronger than ever." Canem lifted his hand, from his palm a strange substance rose and wrapped around his fingers. "I can do more with the Void Crystal than those Concorp idiots could ever do." Doc tensed up.

"The Void Crystal, but you died on that mission!"

"I would've, since you left me there to die." Canem's facial expression changed as he snapped. "It seems I can't trust anyone with my life, the crystal is what saved me and I barely got out" It seemed like the shadows were being pulled off the walls, the dark silhouettes morphing into a large claw. "Now perhaps I could forgive and forget. Or perhaps LuxSheild would be a better way to take my rage out, since you seem to hate him so much." Canem smirked sarcastically. Doc couldn't handle it anymore, Canem had gone too far. The Cyborg flung his hand forward, he tried to get a hold of Canem's body but when nothing grabbed Doc began to panic. Canem was a hollow shell... and Doc could only control living matter. Doc quickly dodged to the side as the claw slammed down onto the decaying floor. Doc ran towards the table, quickly grabbing the few completed explosives that laid on the surface. He spun around and threw them at the undead Villain. Canem moved his arm forward, swinging the claw down in front of him. The two locked eyes. One of them was going to lose, and Doc wasn't going to let it be him.(I can't write fight scenes ;3 there might be more in the future tho)