The King Of Camelot

Morgana was the first to rise. She wasn't sure what had stirred her, as the sun still hadn't poked its face over the horizon. She sat up and took in her surroundings. Hunith and Leon rested by the dying fire. Arthur must have taken watch, she thought. She pushed herself up and made her way into the woods, looking for her half brother.

"Arthur," she whispered.

"Hmm?" Arthur poked his head out from behind a tree. "Oh, Morgana... you should get some sleep."

She shrugged. "Can't."

"That's not surprising." He sat down and motioned for her to sit next to him. She did. "How are you feeling?"

"It's hard to say. Every time I start thinking about what Uther's done to me, I stop myself because I feel terrible I'm not thinking about the horrible things he could be doing to Merlin."

"So you don't know how you feel?"

"I don't... well I think I know how I should feel but I haven's had time to feel it yet."

"Alright," Arthur said as he shifted in his place. "You have time now. How do you feel?"

Morgana took a deep breath and pictured the man who had for so long been her guardian. The thought about everything he had ever said to her, the times he'd choked her, chained her. "I'm angry."

"I imagined that much."

"I want him gone."

"That on the other hand..."

"No, really Arthur... I want to see his reign end. Why is that so disturbing for you to imagine?"

"I just-"

"Think about all the people he's killed, think about all the other atrocities he's had a hand in. You're really going to set everything aside just so you can keep your father? Don't you think you're being selfish?"

"I think you're not seeing clearly. I think you need more time to digest this."

"No, Arthur, the last thing I need is time. His betrayal is not the only reason I'm saying this. Gorlois will always be my father, no matter what ever might be true." 

"Of course."

"You need to start looking at Uther without that family lens. See him for what he really is."

Arthur didn't answer. Instead he looked around, scanning the woods and his companions by the fire. Suddenly he stiffened. "Where's Balinor?"

Morgana stood and looked, but she couldn't find him either. "I... I don't see him... you don't think..."

Arthur rushed over to the fire and shook the two sleeping forms. "Wake up! Balinor's gone to Uther alone!"

---+---

Balinor's breathing was heavy as he supported himself and his son. He gritted his teeth as the wound in his leg continued to ooze profusely. 

"We... we've got to bandage that."

"I can manage until we get out of here," Balinor grunted. 

"No, no, we're leaving a trail. If Uther wakes up or if he alerts the guards..." Merlin gestured in the direction they'd come.

Sure enough, when Balinor looked back he saw a thin line of blood staining the stone floor. He cursed under his breath.

"Here," Merlin tugged on his arm. "We can go in here." He motioned towards a door that stood ajar. "It's just for storage."