Billy's First day

Billy, who did not die at fort sumner. Left new mexico in the dead of night. He traveled long and hard. Going without food or water for days sometimes weeks. He wouldn't stay for long in one area. It was still to dangerous. He kept on riding until finally, One Day...

Sheriff cain was seated at his desk working on paperwork, his beautiful deputy/ secretary Dahlia Stewart sat at her own working on the report for the week. It seemed like it was going to be a quiet day, until suddenly they heard a crashing noise outside. Both Sheriff and Deputy jumped up and ran outside to see what happened. Laying half dead with hunger and sickness, his hair was a mess and he was all dirty; Lay Billy the kid. Dahlia recognized him immediately and rushed to his side. The sheriff also knelt beside him. "Oh My Gosh, Billy! Sheriff, he's burning up hotter than a firework on the fourth of July!" Dahlia said feeling his forehead and cheek. "Go for Doctor MCreedie and hurry! I'll get him inside." The sheriff said, lifting Billy up and carrying him inside the office, meanwhile Dahlia went for the old doctor. They were back quickly. The doctor took care of Billy, while Dahlia and Sheriff cain stood near by. After the doctor left, sheriff cain gave Dahlia permission to nurse Billy back to health. It took several days to revive him. Once Billy was healthy enough, The sheriff and Mr Teaspoon hunter had a meeting. They decided to each give him a job. They told Billy about it and he couldn't be more grateful to both men. This was a Fresh start for him, something he had been longing for since after he  became an outlaw. His first day on both jobs however were not easy, even though Billy expected them not to be. He was staying at the Pony express station and worked both shifts as easily as he could. On down time, which he never had because he wouldn't allow himself time to think due to the fact that he was afraid to allow his mind to wander. With good reason, His life had been pretty rough. Going from being a regulator, to outlaw,to pony express rider and sheriff's deputy. His past was to painful for him to recollect on and made the other riders who had accepted him as their own were extremely worried for his well being along with Mr teaspoon, Miss Emma, the Sheriff, and Dahlia. Billy's first day as pony express rider was much more dangerous than his first as a deputy. I'll explain why, He had been on his first run and had been mugged and shot. He had tried to fight back but that isn't the code of the pony express. If you see danger coming, don't fight back, you run like Heck. It doesn't matter how brave you are, don't engage. Billy didn't know not to do that so he ended up fighting and getting badly wounded, scaring the daylights out of his friends. He recovered, thank goodness, and just in time to start his first day as Sheriff's deputy. Because he was still recovering, the sheriff just started him off with doing filing and cleaning the cells. As soon as he was fully recovered, then would he be allowed to join on the rounds. One evening, while Billy was cleaning the cells, a drunk came to the sheriff's office. His name was John westly hardin. An old foe of Billy's. He critized, and humiliated Billy in front of Dahlia and The Sheriff. Telling him, he was nothing and that he was going to kill him. Billy stood his ground and they had gun duel the following day. Billy shot John westly killing him instantly. His pony express friends had been around to make sure if he needed back which evidently he didn't. Dahlia had been there as well, the two of them had been sweet on each other since the days when they both worked for Mr Tunstall. She walked over to a frightened but relieved Billy. He told her, he had messed up and was planning on leaving town. Boy, she shut down that Idea real quick by finally doing she had been saving up to do for a long time. She kissed him, when they parted she blushed and apologuized, Billy smiled softly. "I didn't mind it." He said blushing sorta. She smiled softly back, this time Billy kissed her back. They parted once more and smiling and blushing hard. "I love you Dahlia, I always have." He says, looking the beautiful sea blue eyes of hers. "I love you too Billy, always have always will." She says genuinely. "Okay." He replied, and the moment was over. From that day on, Billy still ran into trouble. But now.. with the help of his friends and girlfriend. He felt stronger, braver, and better than ever, he had no reason to fear the future. He wrote to his Regulator Buddies and told them there were great opportunities in sweetwater and his friends took him up on it. They were reunited and everybody lived almost happily. Ever. After.

                                                                                        The End

This is for Billy. I hope you like this. Please let me know what you all think in the comments below.