Picnic Panic (Cody and Mia)

One morning, Cody had the day off, so he decided to take Mia on a horse back ride through the woods. He rode over to girls'house and knocked on the door. He was met by Cerise, She signed hello. "Good morning Cerise, is Mia around?" Cerise nodded and signed "try out in the stables." Cody thanked her and headed to the stables. There he found Mia brushing down Desert snake. He walks up behind her and hugs her. "Hey princess, would you like to join me for a ride?" Cody asks,still hugging her. "Sure Cody, I'd love too!" Mia says giggling. "Great, I'll help you saddle Desert snake." He saddles her horse for her and helps her into the saddle. "Thank-you sweetie!" She says smiling at him. "No problem Baby girl." He hops onto the saddle of his own horse and they take off. They ride past the house where Cerise and Ike who had rode up after him were signing to each other.

They rode a good ways when they stopped for a rest by the lake. Only, they weren't the only ones who stopped by the lake for a rest. A family of bears had stopped at the lake for a picnic and were not far from where Mia and Cody were sitting. Mia noticed them first and gasped, she covered her mouth and tapped Cody's shoulder. He looked questioningly at her, then realized her distress. Granted both had experience with bears, neither of them had expected to have to deal with them. Cody's heart jumped into his throat. He was scared and he had to keep Mia calm. So he did the most reasonable thing. He took Mia's hand, putting a finger to his lips. They backed up slowly and quietly. That is until Cody stepped on a twig. The bears were alerted to their presence, Both parties took of running in opposite directions. When they had gotten back home, they were both breathing heavily. Jane, and Jimmy were sitting on the porch, Cody and Mia came running up. "Good grief you two look like you were chased by a bear." Jane says, looking a little surprised. "Not quite chased, but we did see some bears. I think we must have interrupted their picnic." Cody says, as Mia throws her arms around him. "And Cody was so brave he let me run ahead of him! My hero!" She says, kissing his cheek. Cody blushes, surprising the daylights out of both Jane and Jimmy.