Zuko// "Lee from the Tea Shop"

((Author's note: (y/n) is not a bender but is able to shape shift)

(Y/n) ran a hand through his short hair nervously. He wasn't quite sure why, but the idea of finally being seen both scared and excited him. After a deep inhalation of breath, he was ready. He walked into the Jasmine Dragon Teashop and got in line to order his tea, trying in vain not to notice the cute boy working there.

When it was (y/n)'s turn to order, he couldn't hide his blush. The boy taking his order had short, almost buzzed black hair, beautiful amber eyes, and a very mysterious scar covering his left eye. (Y/n) decided he would find out what this scar was from, however long it took.

"Lemon ginger tea, please," he told the teashop boy, still marveling at the richness of his voice. Since (y/n) had taken a male form, he was constantly discovering something new and exciting about himself.

"Of course," the teashop boy replied, taking (y/n)'s money for the tea.

When he brought (y/n) his tea, (y/n) got the nerve to ask his name. "Lee," he said pleasantly.

Lee from the Tea Shop, (y/n) thought to himself. What a gem.

"I'm (y/n)," (y/n) said with a smile. "I- it's great to meet you."

"You as well," Lee replied before moving on to the next customer.

(Y/n) found himself frequenting this teashop, just to get a glimpse of Lee. He was too scared to do anything about his infatuation, but luckily didn't need to.

One day, as (y/n) ordered his usual, Lee asked him if he'd like to go out that night.

(Earlier that day, Lee's Uncle Mushi had brought up 'the boy with the blue eyes who keeps staring at you.' Lee hadn't wanted to hear it at first, but finally relented to take this boy out. It seemed his uncle had an affinity for playing matchmaker... "they're (e/c), his eyes," Lee had said.)

"That'd be great! What do you have in mind?"

"Maybe just a walk around town would be nice. It'd be good to get to know each other."

"Of course! What time?"

"I get off about eleven each night, so maybe meet me here then?"

"Definitely! Can't wait!" (Y/n) tried not to gush like a little schoolgirl, but he got so excited when he liked someone. He'd never had anything happen, though, and his heart raced at the thought.

I'm going on a date tonight, he thought with a smile. What did I do to get so lucky?

————-/////////————

That night, (y/n) met Lee outside the Jasmine Dragon, as agreed upon. "So what did you have in mind for this?" (Y/n) asked nervously; never having been on a date, he was unsure of how these things go.

Lee just shrugged. "Maybe just walk around. I hadn't really thought that far ahead."

"A walk sounds nice and peaceful," (y/n) agreed. "But I get cold, so don't get mad when I start shivering."

"Oh. Well we don't have to-"

(Y/n) boldly took Lee's hand. "It's okay. I'm always so cold, anyway. I trust you to keep me warm."

Lee tried not to smile, or maybe (y/n) just thought that.

——-/////——-

"So you haven't been in Ba Sing Se very long, huh?" (Y/n) inquired.

"No, but my uncle's knowledge of tea-making has quickly earned us a reputation in the city. What about you? Have you always lived here?"

(Y/n) was unsure of why he blushed. "Yeah, but not in this circle of the city. I kind of...well, I decided to branch out on my own."